Re: Most interesting animal action

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Edward Dolan, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    > "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Whats the most amazing thing you've seen an animal do while out cycling?

    > A squirrel somehow ran into my wheel, got spun around, and then flung off.
    > My husband wouldn't believe it happened except someone on Mike J's site
    > described the same phenomenon. I don't know if the squirrel lived to tell
    > the tale, though.

    Just another reason for slowing down when around children and small animals.
    But Claire would rather keep her speed up and damn the small animals for
    getting in her way. She is nothing but a squirrel murderer. In short, she is
    a monster and not worthy to be a woman at all. Yes, this is what cycling
    does to women. It makes them as evil as us men. Beware of Claire! She is a
    killer female - a regular black widow.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  2. James Prine

    James Prine Guest

    Edward Dolan wrote:
    > Just another reason for slowing down when around children and small animals.
    > But Claire would rather keep her speed up and damn the small animals for
    > getting in her way. She is nothing but a squirrel murderer. In short, she is
    > a monster and not worthy to be a woman at all. Yes, this is what cycling
    > does to women. It makes them as evil as us men. Beware of Claire! She is a
    > killer female - a regular black widow.

    Claire did the squirrel a favor. As a Klingon squirrel, it was
    undergoing its 'Rite of Ascension' ceremony and was given the usual
    'attack and cling to wheel of passing cyclist' ritual as part of the
    process.

    No harm done.

    Best,

    James

  3. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:18:52 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> Whats the most amazing thing you've seen an animal do while out cycling?

    >> A squirrel somehow ran into my wheel, got spun around, and then flung off.
    >> My husband wouldn't believe it happened except someone on Mike J's site
    >> described the same phenomenon. I don't know if the squirrel lived to tell
    >> the tale, though.

    >Just another reason for slowing down when around children and small animals.
    >But Claire would rather keep her speed up and damn the small animals for
    >getting in her way. She is nothing but a squirrel murderer. In short, she is
    >a monster and not worthy to be a woman at all. Yes, this is what cycling
    >does to women. It makes them as evil as us men. Beware of Claire! She is a
    >killer female - a regular black widow.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    I guess with the SSI check and all, you've got time for all this?

    Ron

  4. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:18:52 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]
    >>>

    >>> A squirrel somehow ran into my wheel, got spun around, and then flung
    >>> off.
    >>> My husband wouldn't believe it happened except someone on Mike J's site
    >>> described the same phenomenon. I don't know if the squirrel lived to
    >>> tell
    >>> the tale, though.

    >>Just another reason for slowing down when around children and small
    >>animals.
    >>But Claire would rather keep her speed up and damn the small animals for
    >>getting in her way. She is nothing but a squirrel murderer. In short, she
    >>is
    >>a monster and not worthy to be a woman at all. Yes, this is what cycling
    >>does to women. It makes them as evil as us men. Beware of Claire! She is a
    >>killer female - a regular black widow.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    > I guess with the SSI check and all, you've got time for all this?
    >
    > Ron

    Well, Claire is as busy as a bee what with her teaching duties and her
    gallivanting to San Francisco and New York City and yet she seems to have
    plenty of time to post her inanities. I will keep a close eye on her and not
    let her get too far afield. And I shall never fail to remind her that she is
    a woman and we here on RBM expect her to behave like a woman. The last thing
    we need is a woman who behaves like Ron and me.

    Just because she lives in Seattle is no reason for her to become a crazy
    squirrel killer.