Re: Motorama 2005 results

Checkernuts

Guest
On a Side Note, Ryan placed 2nd in the Pro Bike Mod Class earning
himself in the books as the first unicyclist I believe to take a placing
in a Major Bike Trials event.

Photos of the day can be seen at

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/motorama-2005

If anyone needs a higher res version of any of the pics let me know,
Riders Please go and caption your pix if you have some time.

Cheers

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

What a great showing, and grats to the competitors. I thought about you
guys all weekend...

Did Ryan compete in the bike division on a unicycle?

Does that cylindrical thing rotate? If so, how easily?

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

I had a great time, thanks Joe!

Anyway, I have a few pictures here:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album463

and a few more that I have not uploaded yet. Sorry for doing such a
crummy job of documenting the event, but I was having too much fun
riding.

The competition was just under 3.5 hours, which was incredibly long. I
was exhausted by the end. For next year I am going to build up my
endurance; there were lines that I was getting really close to clearing
at the beginning but by the end could not even get close. In fact, my
legs still hurt.

See you all next year!

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Very proud to see the top 3 riders are
Bedford Unicycles Factory Team riders !

Way to go guys !

10 days rest until TOque in Toronto.
Looking forward to another great event this year.

See you there,
Darren

P.S. Anyone who has not registered for the TOque games yet but are
planning on coming
please do that ASAP ! Time is running out.
www.toquegames.com

--
Darren - Bedford Unicycles
Darren's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3989

yeah, the comp was really sweet. i had a great time, and i think so did
everyone else as far as i could tell. Thanks alot Joe!

I competed in the Pro Mod class on my unicycle after the uni comp was
finished because i wasn't really very tired. It was interesting
competing in the 2 different styles of competitions, one right after the
other. It seemed with the bike rules, i got so much more stressed out
and nervous, and upset at myself than in the uni competition. Also,
there was so many lines in the bike comp, i had to wait around for a
while!

I think i came second in the bike comp, i didn't stick around to see the
results, but i think that Chris Santos was the guy who beat me. What
really cheesed me off, is that i totally could have gotten zero on the
whole pro comp, but instead, a couple of screw-ups, and i ended up with
12 points. oh well!

-Ryan

--
m_extreme_uni

"Yeah, Gravity is bad" Leo Kottke
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

I filmed one of ryan's perfect runs: http://tinyurl.com/4vaf7

I admire you for your riding skills, ryan.

I liked Motorama a lot, I've never been to an unicycling competetion,
and was surprised how professional and difficult these lines were.

Nevertheless, I learned a lot, and one day I might join you guys again
at Motorama!

Wolfgang

--
wogri - Austrian American

http://www.wogri.at
http://unicycling.wogri.at
wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490

I just got in. I had a blast the whole weekend. The competition was fun,
but was really just the beginning of an awesome time.

The lines were really awesome. It was also interesting to see how they
were put together. Literally anything you could think of could be built
at your pleasure.

The competition went over smoothly, using the newest version of the
U-system (1 point per line cleaned).

My only complaint is one to be lodged with the motorama people: It was
very very hot in the complex, which only made fatigue factor in
faster.

Like I said before, the comp was just the beginning. Even if you aren't
a very good unicyclist, I recommend you make it to an event just to hang
around people. Not only will you be inspired to become a better
unicyclist, but you will have a great time.

We all split hotel rooms in the same hotel complete with pool, sauna,
and adjacent Wnedy's and Taco Bell. I really feel sorry for Joe, Ryan
and anyone else that stayed at a different hotel....you missed some
genuine good times. More later, me hungry and sleepy.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

wogri wrote:
> *I filmed one of ryan's perfect runs: http://tinyurl.com/4vaf7*

What diffuculty would you say that line was? (1-10 or the U-rating
system) I just want to know if people would concider that a hard one,
and easy one, or medium.

That looked like a ton of fun, I can't wait for TOque!

--
KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

--Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

Sounds like it was an awesome comp; congrats Ryan for the win and great
finish with the Pro bikers- that's really cool. I wish I could have
been there!!! There was also a freetrials comp (ie biketrials with
unitrials rules) today in Vancouver, which went well and had some really
good sections. I think this is the first weekend where two
unitrials-type events were going on in the same weekend in two different
places.

Kris

--
danger_uni - Kris Holm
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

danger_uni wrote:
> *I think this is the first weekend where two unitrials-type events
> were going on in the same weekend in two different places.
> *

If you add rolling trials at Ray's MTB, this is 3 events at one weekend.
Whereas rolling trials has not much to do with traditional trials.

Wolfgang

--
wogri - Austrian American

http://www.wogri.at
http://unicycling.wogri.at
wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490

Great event, good lines, good company and good riding. It was a long
comp, but I liked it that way. I was still getting new lines at the end
of the 3.5 hours.

The latest revision of the U-system, 1 point per line, certainly made
the comp easier to set up. I'm not entirely convinced that it will
always be a good way to score a comp, though. I can imagine cases where
it would be better to have some lines worth more than others.

See everyone at Toque.

Ben

--
Ben Plotkin-Swing

www.benps.com

"Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
cookie.
Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378

That event looked great! I wish I could've made it. Those lines looked
really interesting, and it looked like there was enough there to jkeep
you going for a long time.

KcTheAcy wrote:
> *What diffuculty would you say that line was? (1-10 or the U-rating
> system) I just want to know if people would concider that a hard one,
> and easy one, or medium. *

That line looked easy-medium, unless I missed something. It appeared
that there was almost no precision involved, just medium-big pedalgrabs.
Then again, I was 3000 miles away, and it's easy to miss something.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"Democracy is just a word when the people are starving"-Immortal
Technique

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album488?page=1

Warning: Those are the greatest pictures ever.

Warning: The above statement is likely to be false. I don't really enjoy
using the camera for good, moreso to ridicule people and amuse myself.
Also, I am bad at it.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

The line was actuall one of the Pro Bike Trials Lines not one in the
unicycle comp.

On a bike it was much more difficult looking as space was quite limited.
I was unable to watch many of the bike lines unfortunatlly as I was a
observer/judge for another line in order to make some gas money,

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

That was some good times. Good riding, great people, a fun time was had
by all. Props all around!

--
onewheelwizzard - Upenn's "That Guy"

"Joe is a Pirate Captain Shao-Lin Robot Kung-fu Indian War Dancing
rapscallion." - Brennan Lee Mulligan
onewheelwizzard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3955