Re: Mountain biker killed by bear in BC

trebby

Guest
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:34:21 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Harrison said the bear was shot and killed by an RCMP officer, before
>the province's conservation officers arrived at the scene.
>
>It's unclear if the bear, estimated to be about 54 kilograms (120
>pounds), had in fact fatally attacked the woman.
>
>"They don't know whether the bear was the cause or whether it was just
>there," said Mark Woodburn, vice-president of Panorama Mountain
>Village.

Yea, right ...just kill the bear. Some stupid mountainbiker falls off
their stupid lame bike because they're too F-n lazy to walk, and they
look around for the nearest bear to shoot. Brilliant! They should have
looked around for the nearest mountainbiker and shot them.. THAT would
solve the problem.

Mike Vandeman

Guest
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:56:32 -0700, trebby
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:34:21 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>Harrison said the bear was shot and killed by an RCMP officer, before
>>the province's conservation officers arrived at the scene.
>>
>>It's unclear if the bear, estimated to be about 54 kilograms (120
>>pounds), had in fact fatally attacked the woman.
>>
>>"They don't know whether the bear was the cause or whether it was just
>>there," said Mark Woodburn, vice-president of Panorama Mountain
>>Village.

>Yea, right ...just kill the bear. Some stupid mountainbiker falls off
>their stupid lame bike because they're too F-n lazy to walk, and they
>look around for the nearest bear to shoot. Brilliant! They should have
>looked around for the nearest mountainbiker and shot them.. THAT would
>solve the problem.

Yeah. Pre-emptive strike. The Precautionary Principle.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande