Re: Mountain Biking Causes Heart Attacks!

Guest
Fantastic!

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> exertion of bicycling."
>
> Warning signs
>
> There may have been little anyone could do to help Nash after he
> collapsed. Most victims of sudden cardiac death require help in four
> to six minutes. But there were warning signs that could have alerted
> him to trouble.
>
> Besides taking Lipitor to control his cholesterol, he'd complained to
> his wife about chest pains. On bike rides a week before his death,
> Nash remarked to his buddies that the effort seemed to be getting
> harder.
>
> He also had a family history of heart disease - his father had had two
> open-heart surgeries.
>
> In hindsight, Ellen Nash said, her husband should not have been riding
> such a challenging route the day he died.
>
> "It was too strenuous," she said. "But did he know that? He was having
> the time of his life."
>
> Triola had no warning anything was wrong with him, however.
>
> Tests afterward revealed one of the arteries leading to his heart is
> out of place. Unknown to the track coach, it had been that way since
> birth and was restricting blood flow to his heart.
>
> That produced an arrhythmia - an abnormal heart rhythm - that
> ultimately led to his heart stopping.
>
> Chang-Sing said the men might have benefited from a nuclear stress
> test, in which a small amount of radioactive material is injected into
> a person and traced to reveal any problems with the heart.
>
> He recommends such tests for men over 50 and for post-menopausal
> women, as well as for anyone who has risk factors for heart disease,
> including those with hypertension or diabetes.
>
> "Exercise can be a trigger and put a strain on the heart in the wrong
> patient who does not have a clear understanding of what their
> underlying heart condition might be," he said.
>
> A new life
>
> Drady said he's already scheduled an appointment for his first-ever
> stress test. The lesson he learned from Nash's death: "Don't just blow
> off those little things. When you feel something that's not right, get
> it checked out."
>
> Triola is convinced that running actually improved his odds.
> Amazingly, his heart muscle suffered no lasting damage from the
> momentary pause.
>
> Doctors implanted a defibrillator in Triola's chest that automatically
> will deliver a shock should his heart's rhythm ever go haywire again.
> He's also considering open-heart surgery to fix the errant artery.
>
> It's likely he'll never be able to run like he once did. On the other
> hand, he should be around for the birth of his second child six months
> from now.
>
> "I'm looking forward to that and spending more time with my son and
> wife," he said.
>
> You can reach Staff Writer Derek J. Moore at 521-5336 or
> [email protected].
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are

two issues here. We don't know what they ate, and we don't know the
pollution levels where they ran and worked athough knowing Santa Rosa,it was
probably good. Maybe his doctor should have beeen more keenly aware of some
problems mentioned.Additionally there are some substantial issues that no
one went over regarding biking in parks and mountain., and if interested,
one can email me at [email protected]

news:[email protected]...

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:00:46 GMT, "steb" <[email protected]> wrote:

>two issues here. We don't know what they ate, and we don't know the
>pollution levels where they ran and worked athough knowing Santa Rosa,it was
>probably good. Maybe his doctor should have beeen more keenly aware of some
>problems mentioned.

On the other hand, maybe he shouldn't have been practicing an extreme
sport such as mountain biking, which is perfectly designed to create
heart attacks. DUH!

> [...]
>>> from now.
>>>
>>> "I'm looking forward to that and spending more time with my son and
>>> wife," he said.
>>>
>>> You can reach Staff Writer Derek J. Moore at 521-5336 or
>>> [email protected].
>>> --
>>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>>
>>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
>>> fond of!
>>>
>>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> On the other hand, maybe he shouldn't have been practicing an extreme
> sport such as mountain biking, which is perfectly designed to create

Designed to have heart attacks? heh, damn mikey once again you surprise
me with your stupidity.

And I'm really concerned about the university that you got your alleged
phd from. Obviously you really got it from the back of a comic book as
no real school would give you one.

Jason

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>On the other hand, maybe he shouldn't have been practicing an extreme
>sport such as mountain biking, which is perfectly designed to create
>heart attacks. DUH!

Awesome. Mike, you're the very best activist mountain bikers could ever
hope for.

-Beej

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:00:46 GMT, "steb" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>two issues here. We don't know what they ate, and we don't know the
>>pollution levels where they ran and worked athough knowing Santa Rosa,it
>>was
>>probably good. Maybe his doctor should have beeen more keenly aware of
>>some
>>problems mentioned.

> On the other hand, maybe he shouldn't have been practicing an extreme
> sport such as mountain biking, which is perfectly designed to create
> heart attacks. DUH!

Or, you're just an idiot.

The guy had trouble bringing in firewood from the yard, this would suggest
that climbing stairs is an activity he should not be doing. He had coronary
heart disease, odds favor his death resulted from a chunk of **** breaking
loose from the inside of an artery, and this happend -- just by chance --
during a bike ride.

If mountain biking was "perfectly designed to create heart attacks," then
how come more mountain bike riders do not drop dead every weekend? Indeed,
kids all over the country would be dropping like flies as they pedal a
mountain bike to school. Wait, your point is that the people that die while
riding a bike -- any kind of bike, because there is no difference in what
type of bike one rides from the perspective of a failing heart -- were
having significant health issues before they threw their leg over the
cross-bar. No, that's not your point at all.

Coronary disease was the cause of his death.

Sure glad you're NOT a doctor.

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:00:46 GMT, "steb" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> On the other hand, maybe he shouldn't have been practicing an extreme
> sport such as mountain biking, which is perfectly designed to create
> heart attacks. DUH!

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:05:27 GMT, "Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Coronary disease was the cause of his death.

An it was just a COINCIDENCE that he dies while mountain biking? Sure.
Idiot.

>Sure glad you're NOT a doctor.
>
>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:00:46 GMT, "steb" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> On the other hand, maybe he shouldn't have been practicing an extreme
>> sport such as mountain biking, which is perfectly designed to create
>> heart attacks. DUH!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:05:27 GMT, "Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Coronary disease was the cause of his death.

> An it was just a COINCIDENCE that he dies while mountain biking? Sure.
> Idiot.

It turns out that you are the idiot. The guy (reported by his wife and
doctor) had trouble getting firewood from the porch and bringing it into the
house. He was a very sick man long before he climbed atop his bicycle.

For a PhD, you sure are stupid.

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:05:27 GMT, "Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Coronary disease was the cause of his death.

> An it was just a COINCIDENCE that he dies while mountain biking? Sure.
> Idiot.

As a matter of fact yes it was just a concidence he was doing something
he loved doing when he had the heart attack.

Jason

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:49:59 -0400, Jason <[email protected]>
wrote:

>* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
>> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:05:27 GMT, "Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Coronary disease was the cause of his death.

>> An it was just a COINCIDENCE that he dies while mountain biking? Sure.
>> Idiot.
>>

>As a matter of fact yes it was just a concidence he was doing something
>he loved doing when he had the heart attack.

No, it was no coincidence, obviously. Mountain biking was the
proximate cause of his heart attack.

And, by the way, it makes no difference to anyone that he was doing
something he loved (having a heart attack?) or hated when he died. It
doesn't make him any more or less dead. DUH!

>Jason

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

news:p[email protected]...
> And, by the way, it makes no difference to anyone that he was doing
> something he loved (having a heart attack?) or hated when he died. It
> doesn't make him any more or less dead. DUH!

But it does make you more stupid when you assert that bike riding caused his
corronary heart disease.

..

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:20:16 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]...
>> And, by the way, it makes no difference to anyone that he was doing
>> something he loved (having a heart attack?) or hated when he died. It
>> doesn't make him any more or less dead. DUH!
>>

>But it does make you more stupid when you assert that bike riding caused his
>corronary heart disease.

No, it's obvious that it did. DUH!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:20:16 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:p[email protected]...
>>> And, by the way, it makes no difference to anyone that he was doing
>>> something he loved (having a heart attack?) or hated when he died. It
>>> doesn't make him any more or less dead. DUH!
>>>

>>But it does make you more stupid when you assert that bike riding caused
>>his
>>corronary heart disease.

> No, it's obvious that it did. DUH!

It's only obvious to you, but you are an idiot.

Blaming a bike for corronary heart disease is like blaming the shoe because
it has dog **** on the bottom. Granted, if the guy had not ridden his bike
that day, the chunk that fell off of his aeorta and clogged a valve would
have fallen off instead while watching TV or bringing in a bag of groceries,
but by the same token you could have stepped in dog **** while barefoot.

Keep in mind that the article YOU posted clearly stated that the guy on the
bike was not well, and the other guy in the story was hiking when his heart
attack happened. So, hiking causes heart attacks. Indeed, it seems to be
"perfectly designed" to do just that.

What a dip **** you are ...