Re: "Mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of recreation, including hiking."

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:02:58 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Chris Foster wrote:
>>
>>> "worthless piece of ****" is name calling bright boy. I know you
>>> are a little slow, but try to keep up.

>>Can we end this thread already? It's degraded into this sort of name
>>calling.
>>
>>I started this thread in order to get the evidence out there to
>>counter
>> the false statements by Vandeman. While Dolan may not be the most
>>diplomatic poster, at least he has admitted that in fact the reason he
>>doesn't like mountain bikers is that they disrupt the solitude of
>>hiking (though mountain bikers could say the same thing about hikers
>>disrupting their experience as well).
>>
>>The important thing is that no one, not even Dolan, disputes the fact
>>that mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of
>>recreation, including hiking.
>>
>>All the studies, and all the evidence supports this fact. No one has
>>ever posted anything that disputes it.

> Except me: http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.

but, that is like 'Proving' that god exists by quoting the bible.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>

>>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> ...and, if even true, that effects me how....? Besides... How many
>>> are still riding bikes on trails because Vandy's opinions have not
>>> been accepted?
>>>>
>>> ROFLMAO!!!! Damn... Now I need new pants...

>> Spot on, on many levels.
>>
>> I needed new pants after rading this and laughing so hard.

> Just a couple of **** heads and that is how I will treat them from now
> on.

Name calling again, simply pathetic

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:42:45 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:38:07 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> This post is headed straight to the Smithsonian. Genius in action....
>>>

>> Flushing **** down a toilet in the Smithsonian is just like flushing ****
>> anywhere else.

>I see that Curiss is finally learning how to do a bit of editing.
>Unfortunately for him, this makes his remark stand out as even more stupid
>than it would otherwise be.
>
>Chris Foster is into sex (and ****) innuendo and Curtiss is into ****
>innuendo. And so it goes with the mountain bikers - just all **** and ****
>and sex. They are men of the groin. Great Sainthood like mine will ever
>elude them.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

I can't imagine where you get the patience to actually listen to these
dregs of humanity. Honestly, you have the patience of a SAINT! You
must really BE a saint! I'm going to petition the Pope to have you
canonized ASAP....
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:42:45 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Flushing **** down a toilet in the Smithsonian is just like flushing
>>> **** anywhere else.

>>I see that Curiss is finally learning how to do a bit of editing.
>>Unfortunately for him, this makes his remark stand out as even more
>>stupid than it would otherwise be.
>>
>>Chris Foster is into sex (and ****) innuendo and Curtiss is into ****
>>innuendo. And so it goes with the mountain bikers - just all **** and
>>**** and sex. They are men of the groin. Great Sainthood like mine
>>will ever elude them.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>aka
>>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

> I can't imagine where you get the patience to actually listen to these
> dregs of humanity. Honestly, you have the patience of a SAINT! You
> must really BE a saint! I'm going to petition the Pope to have you
> canonized ASAP....

Why would the Pope even talk with this confessed atheist?

Chris Foster wrote:

> Additionally, I have the 4 campsites in Rocky Mountain National Park
> reserved starting July 20, thru July 27. Im going to back Pack accross
> the entire park. I have 3 'rest' days planned to fish and collect
> berries. Wanna go?

I'd invite him too, but I'm already at the maximum number of people for
a campsite near Big Basin. Some really good mountain biking around
there, including three routes to the Pacific, even though only one is
shown on the maps. Thanks to Usenet, I've gotten the lowdown on the bike
legal trails and roads that were omitted from the maps (some landowners
have tried to expropriate county roads for their exclusive use).

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 27 Jun 2006 12:00:49 GMT, Chris Foster
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>Who did the cross posting fool ??? It was either you or Vandy. What
>>>dont you undestand about that???
>>>
>>>It wasnt Curtiss or I, What dont you undestand about that???
>>>
>>>Since you created the infraction,

>> What is the "infraction"?

> cross posting

Cross posting is not an infraction you idiot. It is done all the time on
Usenet. But it should be done intelligently. I thought to drag some others
from other newsgroups to ARBR with the idea of invigorating that newsgroup,
but it was not to be because these other newsgroups are very narrowly
focused on just one subject - and my home group (ARBR) is made up of nothing
but Freds who do not like controversy and invective. And so we must get
these threads off of ARBR and RBM where they clearly do not belong. What is
there about this that you do not understand?
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> Mike,
> Welcome back. We missed you. Ed is getting boring.

Mr. Vandeman is a gentleman and a scholar compared to me. He exemplifies the
virtues of long-suffering and forbearance. Alas, those are not my virtues.
But let me tell you about my vices. I simply can't suffer fools and knaves.
I get absolutely violent and since that is what mountain bikers understand
best, we will be on the same page together. Yea, we truly deserve one
another. I will get as low as any mountain biker - just another snake in the
grass.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:09:47 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

[...]
>>Screw the rest of this idiot's [Curtiss] message. How the hell can
>>Vandeman put up
>>with such a worthless piece of **** as Curtiss. He never says anything
>>different. The same old **** over and over again. He is good for nothing
>>but
>>name calling and so that is all I will do with him from now on.

> It's like watching a fish struggling to free itself from the hook --
> except that the fish is far more noble and interesting.... Curtiss is
> hooked on us. :)

Nonetheless, he is tiresome in the extreme.You post original material and
should be getting responses from others than him. All he does is post his
boilerplate nonsense over and over. You do not deserve to have an idiot like
Curtiss forever dogging your footsteps. You present much that is of interest
and new on the subject and all he ever does is stalk you and leech off of
you. He is nothing but a blood sucking parasite. You are way too kind to him
by far.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> > news:[email protected]:

> >> What is the "infraction"?

> > cross posting

> Cross posting is not an infraction you idiot. It is done all the time on
> Usenet. But it should be done intelligently. I thought to drag some others
> from other newsgroups to ARBR with the idea of invigorating that newsgroup,
> but it was not to be because these other newsgroups are very narrowly
> focused on just one subject - and my home group (ARBR) is made up of nothing
> but Freds who do not like controversy and invective. And so we must get
> these threads off of ARBR and RBM where they clearly do not belong. What is
> there about this that you do not understand?
> [...]

Do you ever tire of saying the same old **** over and over again ... ad
nauseum? Your posts are like a soap opera. It's easy to pick up where
you left off because its the same old regurgitated ****, day after day,
week after week, month after month. Get some ne material already. -
Jim McNamara

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

[...]
> I can't imagine where you get the patience to actually listen to these
> dregs of humanity. Honestly, you have the patience of a SAINT! You
> must really BE a saint! I'm going to petition the Pope to have you
> canonized ASAP....

I am shortly going to leave these mountain bikers to you and your one-liners
as that is all they deserve. I like to wax eloquent but that is impossible
to do with the likes of Curtiss, Foster et al. There is never an ounce of
inspiration to any of their messages. They are so deadly dull and vacuous
that I feel I am getting as dumb as they are by just paying attention to
them. I will go back to my group, ARBR, where I will continue to be a big
frog in a little pond. I will look in on RBS, but only occasionally.

All newsgroups seem the same to me, full of the high school crowd who never
even got a high school education. They seem to be permanently stuck at the
level of the 8th grade. I strongly suspect most education is wasted beyond
the 8th grade. That seemed to be the level of education that I experienced
too when I was in the Navy as an enlisted man. Even the junior officers
seemed to have no culture at all.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
>> Cross posting is not an infraction you idiot. It is done all the time on
>> Usenet. But it should be done intelligently. I thought to drag some
>> others
>> from other newsgroups to ARBR with the idea of invigorating that
>> newsgroup,
>> but it was not to be because these other newsgroups are very narrowly
>> focused on just one subject - and my home group (ARBR) is made up of
>> nothing
>> but Freds who do not like controversy and invective. And so we must get
>> these threads off of ARBR and RBM where they clearly do not belong. What
>> is
>> there about this that you do not understand?
>> [...]

> Do you ever tire of saying the same old **** over and over again ... ad
> nauseum? Your posts are like a soap opera. It's easy to pick up where
> you left off because its the same old regurgitated ****, day after day,
> week after week, month after month. Get some ne material already. -
> Jim McNamara

McNamara has now become that most pitiful and pathetic of all creatures - a
stalker and a leech. He is nothing but a blood sucking parasite. Try to find
a post of his where he is not sponging off the Great Ed Dolan. You will have
to go back a ways and then you will find him sponging off of Tom Sherman and
before him, Ed Gin. All he gains from these ventures is to pick up some of
my precious vocabulary. He knows his own vocabulary is irrelevant to
anything in this world.

McNamara is a sad case and should be an object lesson to us all. Never let
jealousy guide you in your affairs. It is the one and only vice that gives
no pleasure.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On 30 Jun 2006 13:24:06 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 27 Jun 2006 12:00:49 GMT, Chris Foster
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>Who did the cross posting fool ??? It was either you or Vandy. What
>>>dont you undestand about that???
>>>
>>>It wasnt Curtiss or I, What dont you undestand about that???
>>>
>>>Since you created the infraction,

>> What is the "infraction"?

> cross posting

Crossposting is the only appropriate procedure, when a subject crosses
the boundaries of several newsgroups. It's amazing that you can't
comprehend this simple fact.

>> then later scolded others for the exact
>>>infraction that you commited, you are a hypocrite. What dont you
>>>undestand about that???
>>>

>>>I know you are a little slow, but try to keep up.

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 30 Jun 2006 13:26:19 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:02:58 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>>Can we end this thread already? It's degraded into this sort of name
>>>calling.
>>>
>>>I started this thread in order to get the evidence out there to
>>>counter
>>> the false statements by Vandeman. While Dolan may not be the most
>>>diplomatic poster, at least he has admitted that in fact the reason he
>>>doesn't like mountain bikers is that they disrupt the solitude of
>>>hiking (though mountain bikers could say the same thing about hikers
>>>disrupting their experience as well).
>>>
>>>The important thing is that no one, not even Dolan, disputes the fact
>>>that mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of
>>>recreation, including hiking.
>>>
>>>All the studies, and all the evidence supports this fact. No one has
>>>ever posted anything that disputes it.

>> Except me: http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.

>but, that is like 'Proving' that god exists by quoting the bible.

Nope, the Bible is not a scientific work. My paper has been presented
at eight (8) international scientific conferences, and is science,
much as you wish it weren't.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 30 Jun 2006 13:17:01 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>

>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> ...and, if even true, that effects me how....? Besides... How many
>>> are still riding bikes on trails because Vandy's opinions have not
>>> been accepted?
>>>>
>>> ROFLMAO!!!! Damn... Now I need new pants...

>> You also need something for your head as you are basically a **** head
>> which you prove every time you post.
>>

>Name calling? Is that the best you can do? Simply pathetic.

Thank you for your valuable insight. Can we quote you?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 30 Jun 2006 16:06:15 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:42:45 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>>I see that Curiss is finally learning how to do a bit of editing.
>>>Unfortunately for him, this makes his remark stand out as even more
>>>stupid than it would otherwise be.
>>>
>>>Chris Foster is into sex (and ****) innuendo and Curtiss is into ****
>>>innuendo. And so it goes with the mountain bikers - just all **** and
>>>**** and sex. They are men of the groin. Great Sainthood like mine
>>>will ever elude them.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>>aka
>>>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

>> I can't imagine where you get the patience to actually listen to these
>> dregs of humanity. Honestly, you have the patience of a SAINT! You
>> must really BE a saint! I'm going to petition the Pope to have you
>> canonized ASAP....

>Why would the Pope even talk with this confessed atheist?

To learn from his betters. This pope is a throwback from the Middle
Ages.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 30 Jun 2006 13:28:13 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>

>> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in

>>> Spot on, on many levels.
>>>
>>> I needed new pants after rading this and laughing so hard.

>> Just a couple of **** heads and that is how I will treat them from now
>> on.
>>

>Name calling again, simply pathetic

But ACCURATE. Live with it.
===

On 30 Jun 2006 22:15:06 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>> > news:[email protected]:

>> > cross posting

>> Cross posting is not an infraction you idiot. It is done all the time on
>> Usenet. But it should be done intelligently. I thought to drag some others
>> from other newsgroups to ARBR with the idea of invigorating that newsgroup,
>> but it was not to be because these other newsgroups are very narrowly
>> focused on just one subject - and my home group (ARBR) is made up of nothing
>> but Freds who do not like controversy and invective. And so we must get
>> these threads off of ARBR and RBM where they clearly do not belong. What is
>> there about this that you do not understand?
>> [...]

>Do you ever tire of saying the same old **** over and over again ... ad
>nauseum? Your posts are like a soap opera. It's easy to pick up where
>you left off because its the same old regurgitated ****, day after day,
>week after week, month after month. Get some ne material already. -

Provide your OWN material, you lazy bum.

>Jim McNamara
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 00:25:46 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>[...]
>> I can't imagine where you get the patience to actually listen to these
>> dregs of humanity. Honestly, you have the patience of a SAINT! You
>> must really BE a saint! I'm going to petition the Pope to have you
>> canonized ASAP....

>I am shortly going to leave these mountain bikers to you and your one-liners
>as that is all they deserve. I like to wax eloquent but that is impossible
>to do with the likes of Curtiss, Foster et al.

Yes, your eloquence is wasted on everyone but me, and you have given
me a lofty example to aim for. I think that a lecture tour, after the
fashion of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Thoreau, Walt Whitman, and Mark Twain
is more appropriate for a genius like you. I will look for your work
in the New Yorker and other intellectual venues needing a breath of
fresh air from a master of the apt phrase....

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2006 22:15:06 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>

> >Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Cross posting is not an infraction you idiot. It is done all the time on
> >> Usenet. But it should be done intelligently. I thought to drag some others
> >> from other newsgroups to ARBR with the idea of invigorating that newsgroup,
> >> but it was not to be because these other newsgroups are very narrowly
> >> focused on just one subject - and my home group (ARBR) is made up of nothing
> >> but Freds who do not like controversy and invective. And so we must get
> >> these threads off of ARBR and RBM where they clearly do not belong. What is
> >> there about this that you do not understand?
> >> [...]

> >Do you ever tire of saying the same old **** over and over again ... ad
> >nauseum? Your posts are like a soap opera. It's easy to pick up where
> >you left off because its the same old regurgitated ****, day after day,
> >week after week, month after month. Get some new material already. -

> Provide your OWN material, you lazy bum.

It would seem that you have taken a page out of Dolan's book ... by
doing exactly what you are chastizing me for ... using his material, so
who's the lazy bum? If I were Dolan, I would now have to accuse you of
sponging. You really deserve one another. Where are you two going on
your honeymoon? - Jim McNamara.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:

> [...]
> >> Cross posting is not an infraction you idiot. It is done all the time on
> >> Usenet. But it should be done intelligently. I thought to drag some
> >> others
> >> from other newsgroups to ARBR with the idea of invigorating that
> >> newsgroup,
> >> but it was not to be because these other newsgroups are very narrowly
> >> focused on just one subject - and my home group (ARBR) is made up of
> >> nothing
> >> but Freds who do not like controversy and invective. And so we must get
> >> these threads off of ARBR and RBM where they clearly do not belong. What
> >> is
> >> there about this that you do not understand?
> >> [...]

> > Do you ever tire of saying the same old **** over and over again ... ad
> > nauseum? Your posts are like a soap opera. It's easy to pick up where
> > you left off because its the same old regurgitated ****, day after day,
> > week after week, month after month. Get some ne material already. -
> > Jim McNamara

> McNamara has now become that most pitiful and pathetic of all creatures - a
> stalker and a leech. He is nothing but a blood sucking parasite. Try to find
> a post of his where he is not sponging off the Great Ed Dolan. You will have
> to go back a ways and then you will find him sponging off of Tom Sherman and
> before him, Ed Gin. All he gains from these ventures is to pick up some of
> my precious vocabulary. He knows his own vocabulary is irrelevant to
> anything in this world.

With almost every post you contradict yourself. You accuse me of
writing with a dictionary in one hand and a thesaurus in another and
condemn me for my vocabulary. Then, you accuse me of picking up "your
precious vocabulary". Then, you accuse me of a having a vocabulary
that is irrelevant to anything in this world. You don't even make
sense. Truth be told, you are an an insignificant, infinitesimal speck
of protoplasm irrelvant to anything in the cosmos accept your precious
Mikey V.

As concerns being a stalker, leech and a sponge ... things you have
accused others of as well, be advised that you created your own
monsters. Quit your whining, already. You have only yourself to blame
for the "stalkers", "leeches" and "sponges" that you have fallen victim
of. You intentionally go trolling for fights. When you encounter a
tenacious, formidable adversary, and find yourself hopelessly embroiled
in an embarrassing no-win cyber-skirmish, in desperation, you move to
disencumber yourself by seeking to discredit and dismiss your adversary
.... labeling him or her as a stalker. This thinly disguised ploy of
your has failed countless times. If you really want to escape your
self-inflicted dilemma, then turn tail, crawl on out of here. Return
to the rock that you slithered out from under. - Jim McNamara

> McNamara is a sad case and should be an object lesson to us all. Never let
> jealousy guide you in your affairs. It is the one and only vice that gives
> no pleasure.

Jealousy??? You really are delusional . Knowing how I and others here
feel about you (Excluding Mike V, of course), how could you possibly
conclude that anyone would be jealous of you. Don't flatter youself.
What and who you are precludes the possibly to ignite even so much as a
flicker of envy. - Jim McNamara

P.S. When are (you and Mike V.) going to stop shmelessly fawning over
one another in public. You two resemble a couple of closet queens in
heat.