Re: Mounting brackets

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by rogeratunicycledotcom, Jun 6, 2008.

  1. Jerrick wrote:
    > Because that costs more than what they are worth. =p

    What! reality check please....

    To machine a double lipped bearing housing as a ring, then machine
    tags, jig, weld up to machined ring. Drill, tap and then split.. then
    tidy up. I would suggest at least half a days work for an experienced
    machinist will all the setting up and messing around of only doing one
    pair. Lets be generious and say he is only charging $50 per hour (Most
    charge more than that). That would be $200. These are only $10!

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom

    ++++++++++++++++++
    Unicycle.com in the UK
    The UK's Unicycle Source
    www.unicycle.uk.com

  2. zfreak220

    zfreak220 Guest

    ntappin wrote:
    > I agree, the bearing caps are the most complex part of the frame, the
    > rest is all pretty simple welds.
    >
    > I remember that Evan made some frames, so it might be worth asking him
    > what he used.

    He used the UDC ones.

    --
    zfreak220