Re: Mounting brackets

rogeratunicycledotcom

Guest
Jerrick wrote:
> Because that costs more than what they are worth. =p

What! reality check please....

To machine a double lipped bearing housing as a ring, then machine
tags, jig, weld up to machined ring. Drill, tap and then split.. then
tidy up. I would suggest at least half a days work for an experienced
machinist will all the setting up and messing around of only doing one
pair. Lets be generious and say he is only charging $50 per hour (Most
charge more than that). That would be $200. These are only $10!

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com

ntappin wrote:
> I agree, the bearing caps are the most complex part of the frame, the
> rest is all pretty simple welds.
>
> I remember that Evan made some frames, so it might be worth asking him
> what he used.

He used the UDC ones.

--
zfreak220