Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: MTB pedals on a road bike? Second question

Started by NeauDL · · Last activity · 2 posts · 719 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 April 2004
Last activity
14 April 2004
Original author
NeauDL
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
719
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I use single-sided SPD pedals because I use the SH-71 SPD road cleat (with
    "pontoons"😉 on road shoes, and the double-sided pedals (Icon brand) which I had
    didn't work very well with the road cleat. It was hard to clip in. Has anyone
    any experience using the SH-71 cleats with the new Shimano double-sided pedals
    (959, 540 or 520)?

  2. [email hidden] (NeauDL) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I use single-sided SPD pedals because I use the SH-71 SPD road cleat (with
    "pontoons"😉 on road shoes, and the double-sided pedals (Icon brand) which I had
    didn't work very well with the road cleat. It was hard to clip in. Has anyone
    any experience using the SH-71 cleats with the new Shimano double-sided pedals
    (959, 540 or 520)?

    I've used SH71's in double sided 525's and similar pedals. Also have
    used the double sided cleats (the name of which escapes me right now)
    in the single sided SPD road pedals. There was no perceptible
    difference.

    The ICON pedals probably didn't use the actual SPD cleat.

    Pontoons were mostly to keep you from grinding down the cleat edge
    whle walking.

    -- Jim

    (now happily using ATAC's for double-side pedals)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.