Re: MTB recommendations?

Tony Raven

Guest
Simon Brooke wrote:

> My full suspension bike (Cannondale Jekyll) weighs 27lbs all up,
> including my ancient Brooks Professional saddle. My partner's full
> suspension bike (Santa Cruz Juliana) weighs 25lbs. 26lbs for a rigid
> isn't good at all - it needs to be under 20. For that matter, the
> hardtail Massi that my friend Gareth is racing this year is under 20lbs
> all up, I think.

Depending on frame size, sub 20lbs is quite an order for a mountain
bike. If its a pure race XC bike custom built for light weight then
maybe but for most general purpose off-road riding I would stay well
clear of a bike that light. See
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?category=htbikes

Tony