Re: My new warm boots.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by TimC, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-12, Friday (aka Bruce)
    > materials probably invented to keep astronauts warm when they go
    > mountain bike riding on the moon.

    ISAGN. (for lama: I see a great need)

    I want a downhill moon bike.

    P.S. The moon has no atmosphere, and hence no air resistance -- no
    head winds, ever! Sweeeeeet!

    --
    TimC
    As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

    Tags:

  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    The moon - a place where OxyShot(tm) will come in handy....

    GPL

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    How many secs before you asphyxiate?

  4. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    asFIXIEate!?

  5. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    **boom**tish** + cymbals

  6. TimC wrote:

    > On 2006-04-12, Friday (aka Bruce)
    >> materials probably invented to keep astronauts warm when they go
    >> mountain bike riding on the moon.

    > ISAGN. (for lama: I see a great need)
    >
    > I want a downhill moon bike.
    >
    > P.S. The moon has no atmosphere, and hence no air resistance -- no
    > head winds, ever! Sweeeeeet!

    Yep, heaven is cycling in no wind!

    The moon's weak gravity would make it great for cycling up mountains, too.
    Of course, the downhills might lack excitement. And, when I book for the
    first moon cycle tour, I am a little concerned about how the low gravity
    will affect my pushing DOWN on the pedals. Will I need to be on the drops
    all the time?

    Cheers,

    Vince

  7. Euan

    Euan Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > cfsmtb Wrote:
    >
    >>How many secs before you asphyxiate?

    > asFIXIEate!?

    Oh my goodness, Dalek!
    --
    Cheers | ~~ [email protected]
    Euan | ~~ _-\<,

  8. dave

    dave Guest

    Euan wrote:
    > gplama wrote:
    >
    >> cfsmtb Wrote:
    >>
    >>> How many secs before you asphyxiate?

    >> asFIXIEate!?
    >>

    > Oh my goodness, Dalek!

    Run for the stairs :)

    Dave

  9. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    kaled asFIXIEate to dalek

    jelly baby anyone ?

  10. Plodder

    Plodder Guest

    --
    Frank
    [email protected]
    "rooman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Euan Wrote:
    > > gplama wrote:

    > > > asFIXIEate!?
    > > >

    > > Oh my goodness, Dalek!
    > > --
    > > Cheers | ~~ [email protected]
    > > Euan | ~~ _-\<,
    > > Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)

    > kaled asFIXIATES to dalek
    >
    > jelly baby anyone ?
    >

    > --
    > rooman

    New Dalek leg shave - YOU WILL BE EXFOLIATED...

    me

  11. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  12. Friday

    Friday Guest

    Vincent Patrick wrote:
    > TimC wrote:
    >

    >>On 2006-04-12, Friday (aka Bruce)
    >> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
    >>
    >>>materials probably invented to keep astronauts warm when they go
    >>>mountain bike riding on the moon.

    >>ISAGN. (for lama: I see a great need)
    >>
    >>I want a downhill moon bike.
    >>
    >>P.S. The moon has no atmosphere, and hence no air resistance -- no
    >>head winds, ever! Sweeeeeet!

    > Yep, heaven is cycling in no wind!
    >
    > The moon's weak gravity would make it great for cycling up mountains, too.
    > Of course, the downhills might lack excitement. And, when I book for the
    > first moon cycle tour, I am a little concerned about how the low gravity
    > will affect my pushing DOWN on the pedals. Will I need to be on the drops
    > all the time?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Vince

    Don't forget to take your gas bulbs, your pump isn't going to work on
    the moon, and your air shocks????

    Friday

  13. dave

    dave Guest

    Friday wrote:
    > Vincent Patrick wrote:
    >
    >> TimC wrote:
    >>

    >>> On 2006-04-12, Friday (aka Bruce)
    >>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    >>> ISAGN. (for lama: I see a great need)
    >>>
    >>> I want a downhill moon bike.
    >>>
    >>> P.S. The moon has no atmosphere, and hence no air resistance -- no
    >>> head winds, ever! Sweeeeeet!

    >> Yep, heaven is cycling in no wind!
    >>
    >> The moon's weak gravity would make it great for cycling up mountains,
    >> too. Of course, the downhills might lack excitement. And, when I book
    >> for the
    >> first moon cycle tour, I am a little concerned about how the low gravity
    >> will affect my pushing DOWN on the pedals. Will I need to be on the
    >> drops
    >> all the time?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Vince
    >>

    > Don't forget to take your gas bulbs, your pump isn't going to work on
    > the moon, and your air shocks????
    >
    > Friday

    Air shocks will work, Unless the seals freeze or shatter. You wont be
    adjusting em with a pump tho.

    And you REALLY will need your helmet

    Dave