Re: My thoughts on seat position, crank length, and cleat position

Jasper Janssen

Guest
On 9 Nov 2005 05:45:53 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>No wind, and I use a hill steep enough that for my speed (about 15
>km/h, or 9.3 mph) there is no significant wind resistance. If I
>estimate the weight of soaking wet clothes and rims full of water to be
>about 2 kg, the calculation gives me 311 watts, vs 289.5 watts I
>recorded earlier in the season with dry clothes, and shorter cranks

And if you assume the extra water weighs 100 grams?

Jasper

Actually yesterday I weighed myself after a ride in the rain with the
same clothes. Shoes, helmet, tights, jacket, gloves, shorts, socks,
booties, and shirt soaking wet weighed 4 kg. I haven't weighed a dry
set of summer gear, but it certainly is less than 3.9kg!