Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Hawki63, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    >From: [email protected] (Carole)
    >Date: 9/2/2003 3:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    > yet the 4th leading
    >cause of death in US is properly prescribed and taken pharmaceutical
    >drugs.

    this is not true...or do you have a legitimate source for that statemtent??
    will your supplements and herbs do a thing for brain tumors..type 1 diabetes??
    etc etc...highly unlikely

    >I don't agree that potassium is all that plentifu

    possibly because you don't understand that 99% of potassium is INSIDE the
    cells...the kidneys are expert at maintaining potassium homeostasis...yaa eats
    less,,,less is moved from cells into bloodstream...perhaps you need to read up
    on diffusion (movement of a solute from where there is MORE to where there is
    less)..

    the only times one needs to eat more potassium..or takes supplements is when
    one is either taking diuretics,,,having vomiting/diarrhea or has kidney
    malfunction..blood levels of potassium are kept in a fairly narrow range
    ....about 3.4-5.5 meq

    >has finally reached a level of vitality that it can
    >begin a cleaning out process. 90 of all chronic ill health arises from
    >a toxic colon.

    "a level of vitality???" what a crock..
    and your definition of toxic colon please?? apparently both you and Janny need
    to spend a day in a GI lab to see for yourself the "shiny pink colons" that
    sooo many of the rest of us have "actual experience" in visualizing...

    > auto-intoxication which means that the cells
    >themselves haven't got the necessary nutrition or vitality to do the
    >proper amount of cleaning and housekeeping to keep the system in
    >order.

    total baloney...

    >when all of science says simple and
    >judicious
    >>usage of supplements is what is needed, at most.

    hmmm...so the brain tumors..HIV..Hep C..heart attacks..and all one needs is to
    pop some weeds???

    welll..golleeeeee...

    hawki

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    > >From: [email protected] (Carole)
    > >Date: 9/2/2003 3:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    > >

    > > yet the 4th leading
    > >cause of death in US is properly prescribed and taken pharmaceutical
    > >drugs.

    > this is not true...or do you have a legitimate source for that

    statemtent??
    > will your supplements and herbs do a thing for brain tumors..type 1

    diabetes??
    > etc etc...highly unlikely
    >
    > >I don't agree that potassium is all that plentifu

    > possibly because you don't understand that 99% of potassium is INSIDE the
    > cells...the kidneys are expert at maintaining potassium homeostasis...yaa

    eats
    > less,,,less is moved from cells into bloodstream...perhaps you need to

    read up
    > on diffusion (movement of a solute from where there is MORE to where there

    is
    > less)..
    >
    > the only times one needs to eat more potassium..or takes supplements is

    when
    > one is either taking diuretics,,,having vomiting/diarrhea or has kidney
    > malfunction..blood levels of potassium are kept in a fairly narrow range
    > ...about 3.4-5.5 meq
    >

    > >has finally reached a level of vitality that it can
    > >begin a cleaning out process. 90 of all chronic ill health arises from
    > >a toxic colon.

    > "a level of vitality???" what a crock..
    > and your definition of toxic colon please?? apparently both you and Janny

    need
    > to spend a day in a GI lab to see for yourself the "shiny pink colons"

    that
    > sooo many of the rest of us have "actual experience" in visualizing...
    >
    > > auto-intoxication which means that the cells
    > >themselves haven't got the necessary nutrition or vitality to do the
    > >proper amount of cleaning and housekeeping to keep the system in
    > >order.
    > >

    > total baloney...
    >
    > >when all of science says simple and
    > >judicious
    > >>usage of supplements is what is needed, at most.

    > hmmm...so the brain tumors..HIV..Hep C..heart attacks..and all one needs

    is to
    > pop some weeds???
    >
    > welll..golleeeeee...

    Yep, Gomer, you finally got it. The part you are missing is a clue as to
    which
    weeds (the informed say herbs).

    > hawki

  3. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    >From: "Dave" [email protected]
    >Date: 9/3/2003 10:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    >Yep, Gomer, you finally got it. The part you are missing is a clue as to
    >which
    >weeds (the informed say herbs).

    that's about the funniest thing you have come up with!!!

    I'll let the rest of the "medically educated" laugh with me....as you obviously
    have no clue what "gomer" means

    maroon

    hawki

  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    > >From: "Dave" [email protected]
    > >Date: 9/3/2003 10:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    > >

    > >Yep, Gomer, you finally got it. The part you are missing is a clue as to
    > >which
    > >weeds (the informed say herbs).
    > >

    > that's about the funniest thing you have come up with!!!
    >

    > I'll let the rest of the "medically educated" laugh with me....as you

    obviously
    > have no clue what "gomer" means

    Yes, actually it is a term refering to an old TV series called Gomer Pyle.
    The
    term gomer simply means imbecile.

  5. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    >From: "Dave" [email protected]
    >Date: 9/4/2003 2:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    >Yes, actually it is a term refering to an old TV series called Gomer Pyle.
    >The
    >term gomer simply means imbecile.

    LOL LOL LOL

    yep...we "medical folks" have an entirely different defintion...sad that it
    be...it has nothing to do with imbecile tho...

    actually I loved Gomer Pyle...

    far more amusing than imbeciles like you...

    hawki

    hawki

  6. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    > "Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > >Subject: Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    > > >From: "Dave" [email protected]
    > > >Date: 9/3/2003 10:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    > > >

    > > >Yep, Gomer, you finally got it. The part you are missing is a clue as

    > > >which
    > > >weeds (the informed say herbs).
    > > >

    > > that's about the funniest thing you have come up with!!!
    > >

    > > I'll let the rest of the "medically educated" laugh with me....as you

    > obviously
    > > have no clue what "gomer" means

    > Yes, actually it is a term refering to an old TV series called Gomer Pyle.
    > The
    > term gomer simply means imbecile.

    Only in those who are seriously affected by ginseng overdoses.

    Gomer
    (From Easton's Bible Dictionary) complete; vanishing.

    The daughter of Diblaim, who (probably in vision only) became the wife of
    (Hosea 1:3).

    The eldest son of Japheth, and father of Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah
    (Genesis 10:2,3), whose descendants formed the principal branch of the
    population of South-eastern Europe. He is generally regarded as the ancestor
    of the Celtae and the Cimmerii, who in early times settled to the north of
    the Black Sea, and gave their name to the Crimea, the ancient Chersonesus
    Taurica. Traces of their presence are found in the names Cimmerian
    Bosphorus, Cimmerian Isthmus, etc. In the seventh century B.C. they were
    driven out of their original seat by the Scythians, and overran western Asia
    Minor, whence they were afterwards expelled. They subsequently reappear in
    the times of the Romans as the Cimbri of the north and west of Europe,
    whence they crossed to the British Isles, where their descendants are still
    found in the Gaels and Cymry. Thus the whole Celtic race may be regarded as
    descended from Gomer.

  7. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > >Subject: Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    > > >From: "Dave" [email protected]
    > > >Date: 9/3/2003 10:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time

    > > >Yep, Gomer, you finally got it. The part you are missing is a clue as to
    > > >which
    > > >weeds (the informed say herbs).
    > > >

    > > that's about the funniest thing you have come up with!!!
    > >

    > > I'll let the rest of the "medically educated" laugh with me....as you

    > obviously
    > > have no clue what "gomer" means

    > Yes, actually it is a term refering to an old TV series called Gomer Pyle.

    True, but not what he was referring to.

    > The
    > term gomer simply means imbecile.

    Wrong.

    Hint: It's an acronym, not a name.

    Here's another hint: Ever read "The House of God"?

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  8. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > > that's about the funniest thing you have come up with!!!
    > > >

    > > > I'll let the rest of the "medically educated" laugh with me....as you

    > > obviously
    > > > have no clue what "gomer" means

    > > Yes, actually it is a term refering to an old TV series called Gomer

    Pyle.

    > True, but not what he was referring to.
    >

    > > The
    > > term gomer simply means imbecile.

    > Wrong.
    >
    > Hint: It's an acronym, not a name.
    >
    > Here's another hint: Ever read "The House of God"?

    I looked it up. There seems to be a myriad of meanings.

  9. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "David" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I wonder how long Orac and Hawki plan to stay here and have a joint
    > masturbation fest? Oh! orac! that feels so good , Do me hawki baby! Ahhhhh!

    I don't know if you realize it or not, but you just demolished your own
    claim (made in an earlier post in another thread) that you exist on a
    higher spiritual plain than us poor scientifically-minded.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  10. Eric Bohlman

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Orac <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:eek:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder how long Orac and Hawki plan to stay here and have a joint
    >> masturbation fest? Oh! orac! that feels so good , Do me hawki baby!
    >> Ahhhhh!

    > I don't know if you realize it or not, but you just demolished your
    > own claim (made in an earlier post in another thread) that you exist
    > on a higher spiritual plain than us poor scientifically-minded.

    That was Dave the ginseng spammer, not David the pee-drinker.

  11. David

    David Guest

    So?
    "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I wonder how long Orac and Hawki plan to stay here and have a joint
    > > masturbation fest? Oh! orac! that feels so good , Do me hawki baby!

    Ahhhhh!

    > I don't know if you realize it or not, but you just demolished your own
    > claim (made in an earlier post in another thread) that you exist on a
    > higher spiritual plain than us poor scientifically-minded.
    > --
    > Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
    > |
    > |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    > | inconvenience me with questions?"

  12. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Eric Bohlman <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Orac <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:eek:[email protected]:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "David" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I wonder how long Orac and Hawki plan to stay here and have a joint
    > >> masturbation fest? Oh! orac! that feels so good , Do me hawki baby!
    > >> Ahhhhh!

    > > I don't know if you realize it or not, but you just demolished your
    > > own claim (made in an earlier post in another thread) that you exist
    > > on a higher spiritual plain than us poor scientifically-minded.

    > That was Dave the ginseng spammer, not David the pee-drinker.

    Ah, yes. Maybe we should start referring to them as "GlowLife" and
    "MedTools."

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  13. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <nG%[email protected]>,
    "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Orac" <[email protected]l.com> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > The
    > > > term gomer simply means imbecile.

    > > Wrong.
    > >
    > > Hint: It's an acronym, not a name.
    > >
    > > Here's another hint: Ever read "The House of God"?

    > I looked it up. There seems to be a myriad of meanings.

    The most commonly used meaning IS an acronym: Get Out of My Emergency
    Room.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  14. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Eric Bohlman <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Orac <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > news:eek:[email protected]:

    > > > I don't know if you realize it or not, but you just demolished your
    > > > own claim (made in an earlier post in another thread) that you exist
    > > > on a higher spiritual plain than us poor scientifically-minded.

    > > That was Dave the ginseng spammer, not David the pee-drinker.

    > Ah, yes. Maybe we should start referring to them as "GlowLife" and
    > "MedTools."

    You guys are so lost. I'll bet your mom dresses you funny as well.

  15. --

    > "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > Eric Bohlman <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Orac <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > > news:eek:[email protected]:

    > > > That was Dave the ginseng spammer, not David the pee-drinker.

    > > Ah, yes. Maybe we should start referring to them as "GlowLife" and
    > > "MedTools."

    > You guys are so lost. I'll bet your mom dresses you funny as well.

    Ah, yes. The minor deity taunts us mere mortals from his higher plane.

    --Rich

  16. WB

    WB Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:26:26 -0400, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> >Subject: Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    >> >From: "Dave" [email protected]
    >> >Date: 9/3/2003 10:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >> >

    >> >Yep, Gomer, you finally got it. The part you are missing is a clue as to
    >> >which
    >> >weeds (the informed say herbs).
    >> >

    >> that's about the funniest thing you have come up with!!!
    >>

    >> I'll let the rest of the "medically educated" laugh with me....as you

    >obviously
    >> have no clue what "gomer" means

    >Yes, actually it is a term refering to an old TV series called Gomer Pyle.
    >The
    >term gomer simply means imbecile.

    Nope, try again.

    WB