Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mark Probert, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: Natural 'cures' can be killers (contd)
    > >From: "David" [email protected]
    > >Date: 9/8/2003 9:33 AM Pacific Standard Time
    > >

    > >"Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    > >useless

    > >acute
    > >>
    > >> but these folks are not allowed into ER's tho..
    > >>
    > >> thanks Mark....my point entirely..

    > Mark jumps in to save hawki embarrssment because she didn't know HA was

    being
    > used. So he changes the subject. Ain't that sweet, and typical,

    I see that I am out of your killfile.

    I had no need to "save" hawki, as hawki was quite right. HA is useful for
    monitoring past drug use, but utterly useless for diagnostic purposes in the
    emergency room, or to dtermine one's overall state of health as the alties
    like to claim.

    If done properly, it is entirely possible for a lab to tell whether a person
    has used drugs with a hair sample. I use that when confronted with the issue
    as I described.

    However, if someone is selling HA as a means of diagnosing current
    conditions, they they are a fraud and a liar.

    I hope that clears up your befuddlement.

    > >> this "send a hair sample in" mentality is obviously aimed at the Jan

    Drew
    > >> mentality...

    > <Yawn>
    >
    > Hawki is here, it seems to talk about Jan Drew. She isn't interested in

    the
    > fact that HA are being used to screen for drugs, neither had she heard of

    it. I
    > guess she is just behind the times.

    IIRC Hawki mentioned that HA is used to screen for past drug use. It cannot
    be used to determine drug use in an acute setting.

    snip