Re: need help on whey protein

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by TC, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. TC

    TC Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > "Vegetarian Hindus have many times more heart disease than non-vegetarian
    > Muslims from the same areas in India."
    >
    > Oh dear, here we go again. The last time you rolled out this set of
    > "facts" you were asked to provide a web source by which to confirm it, it
    > was not provided and one might conclude it can not be done this or any
    > other time. This is an example of the lifestyle cult in action, this one
    > centered on various speculations about nutrition which can not be
    > supported scientifically but exists soley on emotional cheerleading among
    > it's adherents..

    Oh dear, here we go again....

    http://www.indianewengland.com/medi....At.Higher.Risk.Of.Heart.Disease-673859.shtml

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8909379&dopt=Abstract

    http://www.indianjmedsci.org/articl...issue=2;spage=49;epage=54;aulast=Pinto;type=0

    http://www.thegeorgeinstitute.org/r...and-trials/hindi-heart-disease-in-indians.cfm

    http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/501040510/story2.html

    http://www.news-medical.net/?id=865

    http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40024521/

    http://www.indmedica.com/ijcm/pindex1.cfm?cmid=135&cmiid=13

    Vegetarianism is not healthy for the heart. Just ask Jim Fixx.

    TC

    Tags:

  2. Juhana Harju

    Juhana Harju Guest

    TC wrote:
    :: [email protected] wrote:
    ::: "Vegetarian Hindus have many times more heart disease than
    ::: non-vegetarian Muslims from the same areas in India."
    :::
    ::: Oh dear, here we go again. The last time you rolled out this set of
    ::: "facts" you were asked to provide a web source by which to confirm
    ::: it, it was not provided and one might conclude it can not be done
    ::: this or any other time. This is an example of the lifestyle cult
    ::: in action, this one centered on various speculations about
    ::: nutrition which can not be supported scientifically but exists
    ::: soley on emotional cheerleading among it's adherents..
    ::
    :: Oh dear, here we go again....
    ::
    ::
    http://www.indianewengland.com/medi....At.Higher.Risk.Of.Heart.Disease-673859.shtml
    ::
    :: [...]
    ::
    :: Vegetarianism is not healthy for the heart. Just ask Jim Fixx.
    ::
    :: TC

    That is true in India but if you look at the studies of Western vegetarians
    vegetarian diets are actually quite efficient in preventing heart disease.
    The heart disease risk is at least 25% lower in Western vegetarians compared
    to meat eaters.

    --
    Juhana