Re: negative drag

Tom Sherman

Guest
Peter Rathman wrote:
> My car has a coefficient of drag of 0.35, and it has a much more
> streamlined shape than a regular upright cyclist. Where did your
> factor of 10 (implying a Cd of 0.1) come from? Figures I've seen for
> normal cyclists have been more around 0.6 or 0.7....

Here is what a bicycle with a coefficient of drag of slightly less than
0.1 looks like:
<http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~et181/hpv/Andrea_64.7mph.jpg>. (Yes, she is
pedaling the bicycle in excess of 64 mph without wind or gravitational
assistance.)

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter