rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: New brake location on T7

Started by capuni · · Last activity · 3 posts · 307 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
6 May 2008
Last activity
6 May 2008
Original author
capuni
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
307
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. MuniAddict said:

    Does that friction shifter accept the same cable as the brake lever, or
    do you need a different cable? And if I go to my LBS, would I ask
    specifically for a "friction shifter", or is there another name for
    them?

    It's a different cable. Same gauge, just a different end. You LBS
    will know what a friction shifter (thumb shifter) is. You just want to
    make sure it's friction, not indexed. They're really inexpensive and
    you may be lucky enough to get your hands on a used one for a couple of
    dollars.

    You're looking for something like this. http://tinyurl.com/6qoly2

    Keep in mind there is a left and a right, so you'll want to think about
    where this is going to be mounted and how you want the lever to rotate.

    --
    capuni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    capuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15514
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69583

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Hmmm I wonder if you could have both a friction shifter and a brake. I
    would find that combination very useful. I dont know if it is possible
    cable-wise though.

    --
    XCcrev

    My Vid
    'Youtube' (

    )
    'vimeo' (http://vimeo.com/825440)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    XCcrev's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16408
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69583

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. XCcrev said:

    Hmmm I wonder if you could have both a friction shifter and a brake. I
    would find that combination very useful. I dont know if it is possible
    cable-wise though.

    you can get devices to run two cables in to a single brake for just
    this reason

    --
    kington99

    Dave

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69583

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.