Re: New brake location on T7

capuni

Guest
MuniAddict wrote:
> Does that friction shifter accept the same cable as the brake lever, or
> do you need a different cable? And if I go to my LBS, would I ask
> specifically for a "friction shifter", or is there another name for
> them?

It's a different cable. Same gauge, just a different end. You LBS
will know what a friction shifter (thumb shifter) is. You just want to
make sure it's friction, not indexed. They're really inexpensive and
you may be lucky enough to get your hands on a used one for a couple of
dollars.

You're looking for something like this. http://tinyurl.com/6qoly2

Keep in mind there is a left and a right, so you'll want to think about
where this is going to be mounted and how you want the lever to rotate.

--
capuni

Hmmm I wonder if you could have both a friction shifter and a brake. I
would find that combination very useful. I dont know if it is possible
cable-wise though.

--
XCcrev

My Vid
'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm0AXKU7bQ8)
'vimeo' (http://vimeo.com/825440)

XCcrev wrote:
> Hmmm I wonder if you could have both a friction shifter and a brake. I
> would find that combination very useful. I dont know if it is possible
> cable-wise though.

you can get devices to run two cables in to a single brake for just
this reason

--
kington99

Dave