Re: new MTB - next level

Gregg

Guest
<snip>

> Talk to Gary as Swiss American Bikes, 43rd Ave and Bell area. Steve at
> Airpark Bikes, Shea & Pima or any of the guys at Slippery Pig, Camelback &
> Central ave. I've heard Rage is a good shop as well but have never been
> there. South Mountain Bikes seemed to have some knowledgeable guys but I
> was only in there briefly picking up some spare Titus parts.
>
> What part of town are you in?
>
> Gary

Southeast Valley -> Gilbert But I work in Tempe,
so no issue for me to take a little drive on a lunch
break.

Thanx for the suggestions. I've heard of the South
Mountain Bikes store.

Ever deal with Az Bike Source, at Arizona ave. & Warner?

or Supergo in Chandler?

Gregg wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> Talk to Gary as Swiss American Bikes, 43rd Ave and Bell area. Steve
>> at Airpark Bikes, Shea & Pima or any of the guys at Slippery Pig,
>> Camelback & Central ave. I've heard Rage is a good shop as well but
>> have never been there. South Mountain Bikes seemed to have some
>> knowledgeable guys but I was only in there briefly picking up some
>> spare Titus parts.
>>
>> What part of town are you in?
>>
>> Gary

> Southeast Valley -> Gilbert But I work in Tempe,
> so no issue for me to take a little drive on a lunch
> break.
>
> Thanx for the suggestions. I've heard of the South
> Mountain Bikes store.
>
> Ever deal with Az Bike Source, at Arizona ave. & Warner?
>
> or Supergo in Chandler?

I've never dealt with AZBS but have purchased components/acc. from Supergo.
Supergo is a large chain hiring people with little knowledge about bikes but
usually has great deals on stuff if you know what to buy.

I suggested these local bike stores because you can get better
recommendations and fitting than at Supergo. AZBS may also be an lbs so
they may still be better than SG.

Don't let South Mountain intimidate you. The Dessert Classic Trail is a
good beginner ride and remember, it's not a crime to walk stuff you can't
ride yet.

There's also a good bunch of guys/gals in a group called RideAZ. I'm not
affiliated but know several of the people in the group. They send out ride
info via email and the riding ability ranges from beginner to extreme.
Sorry I don't have a web address or contact you can get in touch with. I'll
check with one of the guys I ride with to see how one gets involved with the
group.

Gary (North Phoenix)