Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: New Orleans ......... from Wikipedia

Started by Tom Keats · · Last activity · 2 posts · 328 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
3 September 2005
Last activity
4 September 2005
Original author
Tom Keats
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
328
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    chrisc said:
    Quoted message said:

    The blame belongs to A Baldwin Wood and all the civic, state, federal
    agencies who came later. New Orleans was doomed because it should never
    have existed in the first place. It is a "bathtub".

    I'd hate to say this now but- there is no one to blame except the victims
    themselves. We live in the US and those people choose to live there with all
    the risk involved.

    I imagine it's the only place a lot of the citizens who
    remained behind have only known. And I further suppose
    the less affluent simply might not have the means to
    pack up 'n go. Or for that matter, anywhere /to/ go to.

    Quoted message said:

    Personally , I wouldn't live in those areas if you paid
    me! People risk their lives just for a little nice weather (one of the
    biggest reasons). Well, how was the weather this weekend in the gulf states?
    I live in the good old state of Ny where taxes will kill you, but the
    weather will not.

    Where did you live before you chose to live where you do now?

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

  2. Anyone can relocate if they want to. Look at the immigrants who cross the
    borders every day! ( and that is illegally). I lived here all my life and I
    wouldn't move either. The weather here isn't perfect ,but we do get the 4
    seasons. People complain about the winters, but I love the snow and cold. I
    also like the warm summers. But you can bet your ass if I had winds of 150
    mph, flooding, etc. coming at me all the time , I would do everything I
    could to leave to a more secure area. I wouldn't put my kids or my own life
    at risk.

    "Tom Keats" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    chrisc said:
    Quoted message said:

    The blame belongs to A Baldwin Wood and all the civic, state, federal
    agencies who came later. New Orleans was doomed because it should


    never

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have existed in the first place. It is a "bathtub".

    I'd hate to say this now but- there is no one to blame except the


    victims

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    themselves. We live in the US and those people choose to live there with


    all

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the risk involved.

    I imagine it's the only place a lot of the citizens who
    remained behind have only known. And I further suppose
    the less affluent simply might not have the means to
    pack up 'n go. Or for that matter, anywhere /to/ go to.

    Quoted message said:

    Personally , I wouldn't live in those areas if you paid
    me! People risk their lives just for a little nice weather (one of the
    biggest reasons). Well, how was the weather this weekend in the gulf


    states?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I live in the good old state of Ny where taxes will kill you, but the
    weather will not.

    Where did you live before you chose to live where you do now?

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.