Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: New stems vs. quills - New features ?

Started by Dave Thompson · · Last activity · 1 post · 268 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 September 2004
Last activity
23 September 2004
Original author
Dave Thompson
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
268
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Retro Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    OK... having been out of the bicycle arena for about 25-30 years, I've
    recently returned. I'm having trouble getting my hands around some
    changes, but I'm getting there. The one that has me the most confused
    is the new style stems vs. the quill design. What are the advantages
    to the new design ? I can;t see an overall weight advantage, it's
    not simpler, it's definitely not more elegant... ?

    Thanks,

    PS. Anyone know why there are so many stems (new style) for sale on
    Ebay ? A quick check show s 850+ for sale, out pacing even (all) tire
    listings by 2:1.


    Regarding the quantity of stems on eBay; I would suspect that it is because
    of folks trying out a stem that doesn't/won't work long-term for them. They
    then buy another one, hence the sales.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.