Re: new type of Unicycling....

Radical Reed

Guest
I was thinking while riding the other day, if street is pretty much
trials and free style put together what would we get if we put freestyle
and MUni together. I think that would be so cool. imagine seeing someone
doing a uni spin of of a cliff or some north shore or some stand up
wheel walking along a skinny i think it could be pretty neat I'd like
to here some feedback on what you think about it:cool:

--
Radical Reed - my new Muni's called Fandango

I'm trapped in a glass case of emotion
- Ron Burgandy
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

sounds like mountain street, really. street in non-urban settings. I
suppose it could be cool, but I'm not so sure it would be a new style.

--
Fuego - A Cult of Unicyclists

If u could've aborted president bush using medicinal marijuana grown by
a gay guy with a feeding-tube who was on death row, wade u?
-GILD

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

I think that'd be like natural trials, but not trials, street, so it'd
be like natural street. which would be flippin' awesome. in one of the
UNiVERsE movies, it has Dan Heaton riding some North Shore stuff and he
goes off it and does a 360, it's pretty amazing.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

James Potter for president 2008

it's just riding show-offy on the muni trails... you know, when things
get boring and you try to mix it up..

I sometimes do back-revs off of drops on my muni 180s and 360s but not
much more... it's just for the trip of it. I think it's still just muni.

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

I own Total_Uni's soul
and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

It doesn't sound dumb but it doesn't sound sick either. You guys have to
leave more room in your polls.

Combining Freestyle with MUni would be kind of like Street without the
street. I guess you'd have to call it "Dirt."

As a competition event it sounds like it would be harder to do, because
you'd have to go to the places, rather than build a place in the venue
where your spectators are.

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Its street, really. Just plain street, but not in an urban setting, and
with more......trees.:)

I do that. Since I live out of town, just about the place I regularly
ride street closeby is my yard, somtimes trails.

--
forrestunifreak - The buck stops here.

*'Vote for me for prez!' (http://tinyurl.com/bn4aq)*

Justin Kohse rides like that. double shiftys off dirt kickers, tire grab
gaps, huge drop shiftys.

It's an awesome mix, cause when you miss a trick on dirt, you're fine
(usually). miss a trick on pavement, and you're bleeding (more often
than not). and, dirt tricks usually have more flow than street. they are
used while you are in motion, whle some street tricks are done static.

--
onetrack - training wheel required

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

What's so scary about evolution theory anyway?
-Foss
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

johnfoss wrote:
> *I guess you'd have to call it "Dirt."*

that's even funnier than 'Mountain Street'

--
GILD - Waffle-******, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

It's the next logical step. It happened on snow a few years ago, kids
from the halfpipe parks took their snowboards and skis and went into the
backcountyr to build huge kickers. Now they are doing all of the same
tricks that they used to do in controlled environment parks but off of
natural cliffs, fallen trees, etc.

I think you could still call it muni, maybe throw a freeride in front
for a final name of: freeride muni. I already own a KH Freeride 24,
maybe Kris beat us to the punch?!

Before I watched One Tired Guy a few years back, it never occured to me
that unicycles could be used to do anything more that transport street
entertainers around. It's so fun to blow people's minds and watch the
progression of the sport.

--
briguymaine - Visual Assault Commander

Life is like a box of chocolates? I hate chocolate.
'My blog is at www.munitard.com' (http://www.munitard.com)
briguymaine's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9257

When you think about it, Street (as in the competition event) is not
really so much about the street, but about combining obstacles and
interesting riding. Though a hard, flat, smooth area is required, I
suppose it doesn't have to be paved to still do much of what one might
do in a Street competition.

That said, one wonders if the name "Street" (or Street Freestyle) isn't
the most accurate? The one thing that always worries me about Street
riding is the potential for riders to do it in places where they
shouldn't. In other words, doing damage to public and private property.
This will probably remain a problem whatever we call it, but it's true
you can do the same style of riding in the woods as downtown.

I remember watching Dan Heaton work out a 360 degree launch off a little
jumpy thing on a hill in Santa Cruz in 1999. That was Dirt Street.

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Catboy wrote:
> *Contact unicycle rugby. *

I've been pushing that in Denver for years now. A uni scrum would be
awesome, see who has the best leg strenght (catboy's on my team). If
you're interested, that makes 2. How about just smear the queer on uni?
It would be easier to make rules for.

--
TheoELind - BnL

Dave Lowell is my main man.
TheoELind's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8872

Catboy wrote:
> *Contact unicycle rugby. *

the way we're playing at the moment, we'll take all comers
bring it on

johnfoss wrote:
> *When you think about it, Street (as in the competition event) is not
> really so much about the street, but about combining obstacles and
> interesting riding.*

in my Xtreem Naivete, i'd always assumed the 'Street' in 'Street' to be
indicative of the attitude more than the location...