Re: Nexus-8/Alfine Rapidfire Shifter Compatibility

landotter

Guest
On Jun 11, 10:52 am, Tosspot <[email protected]> wrote:
> Shimanos website implies I can swap my nasty twist shift for an Alfine
> Rapidfire.

Nexus is a nexus. 8s fit 8s, 7s 7s, 3s 3s, etc. Styles vary. Enjoy the
rapidfire! Still boggles me why they didn't stick with the lovely
design of the original round indicator window of the classic Inter7
that had a less aggressive "rocker" that made more ergonomic sense to
most folks that aren't used to the paradigm of the rapidfire mechanism.

landotter wrote:
> On Jun 11, 10:52 am, Tosspot <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Shimanos website implies I can swap my nasty twist shift for an Alfine
>> Rapidfire.

> Nexus is a nexus. 8s fit 8s, 7s 7s, 3s 3s, etc. Styles vary. Enjoy the
> rapidfire! Still boggles me why they didn't stick with the lovely
> design of the original round indicator window of the classic Inter7
> that had a less aggressive "rocker" that made more ergonomic sense to
> most folks that aren't used to the paradigm of the rapidfire mechanism.

<scrabbles for credit card> Right, that'll the job in two weekends time
then. Ta muchly.