UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: nice 1W luxeon LED headlamp

Started by Chris Malcolm · · Last activity · 3 posts · 475 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
1 January 2005
Last activity
22 January 2005
Original author
Chris Malcolm
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
475
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    i bought a Ring Cybalite Xtreme LED headlamp from millets the other
    day, and i'm impressed. Bright spot beam but appears bright from
    outside the spot too, good for being seen. I hadn't really been looking
    for a headlamp, and I feel a bit eccentric wearing it on the bike, but
    with the beam aimed at the ground it's handy to be able to nod upwards
    to get the attention of cars when necessary.
    It's regulated so no magic 50hr or whatever battery life, but full
    brightness for the 3 hrs claimed from 3AAs. Works fine with NiMHs.
    Battery gauge and dimmer settings for longer runtime, and flashing
    mode.

    Quoted message said:

    Seems to be the same except colour as:
    http://www.pelican.com/headsup_lite/2630_headsup.html

    Quoted message said:

    =A330, but 3 for 2 offer when I bought amongst a range of torches, swiss
    army knives etc.
    Shame you can't get regulated bike lights like this here.

    Where's "here"? The Smart 1 watt luxeon bike light is regulated, runs
    off 4AAs., and sells for 20-30 quid. I posted my impressions of mine a
    while back under heading "Smart 1 watt LED front light". It's been
    through a few hours of darkness since then, both in city streets and
    unlit paths, and it continues to impress me. It's the best bike front
    light I've ever owned, and the first one which hasn't quickly become
    something to get by with until I find something better, not only in
    terms of lighting, but in terms of being well-engineered to withstand
    the pounding of being firmly attached to a bicycle.

    There's also a Cateye 1 watt Luxeon, with less spread and a longer
    beam.

    --
    Chris Malcolm [email hidden] +44 (0)131 651 3445 DoD #205
    IPAB, Informatics, JCMB, King's Buildings, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

  2. Chris Malcolm said:

    Where's "here"? The Smart 1 watt luxeon bike light is regulated, runs
    off 4AAs., and sells for 20-30 quid. I posted my impressions of mine


    a

    Quoted message said:

    while back under heading "Smart 1 watt LED front light". It's been
    through a few hours of darkness since then, both in city streets and
    unlit paths, and it continues to impress me. It's the best bike front
    light I've ever owned, and the first one which hasn't quickly become
    something to get by with until I find something better, not only in
    terms of lighting, but in terms of being well-engineered to withstand
    the pounding of being firmly attached to a bicycle.

    is this one regulated? I wondered, but haven't seen any claims that it
    is. It would be nice if it is.

    Quoted message said:


    There's also a Cateye 1 watt Luxeon, with less spread and a longer
    beam.


    this isn't regulated, unless you can find a german model somewhere.

  3. Quoted message said:
    Chris Malcolm said:

    Where's "here"? The Smart 1 watt luxeon bike light is regulated, runs
    off 4AAs., and sells for 20-30 quid. I posted my impressions of mine

    a

    Quoted message said:

    while back under heading "Smart 1 watt LED front light". It's been
    through a few hours of darkness since then, both in city streets and
    unlit paths, and it continues to impress me. It's the best bike front
    light I've ever owned, and the first one which hasn't quickly become
    something to get by with until I find something better, not only in
    terms of lighting, but in terms of being well-engineered to withstand
    the pounding of being firmly attached to a bicycle.

    is this one regulated? I wondered, but haven't seen any claims that it
    is. It would be nice if it is.

    Quoted message said:

    There's also a Cateye 1 watt Luxeon, with less spread and a longer
    beam.

    this isn't regulated, unless you can find a german model somewhere.

    I'm afraid it's not, if you are referring to the on i think you are. See
    my website http://www.ajjrice.plus.com for a review.

    Alex

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.