Re: Night Thoughts by Ed Dolan the Great - I

Jeff Grippe

Guest
"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Democracies are very fragile creations and I would never bet on them.
> Sparta vs. Athens? I would bet on Sparta. Nazi Germany vs. the Western
> democracies? I would bet on Nazi Germany. The Soviet Union vs. the US? I
> would bet on the Soviet Union.

Gee Ed, you've backed losers right along. I'd suggest betting on some other
sport.

> Unless you are willing to fight and die for democracy, you will lose your
> freedom.

You mean like Ghandi?

Ed, many folks here don't want a political discussion in a cycling group and
I can respect that. Either email me to continue this privately or find a
group where this discussion is welcome. I'll happily go there and trade
barbs with you.

Jeff

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Ed, many folks here don't want a political discussion in a cycling group
>> and I can respect that. Either email me to continue this privately or
>> find a group where this discussion is welcome. I'll happily go there and
>> trade barbs with you.

> Nonsense! All newsgroups need some political discussion to prevent
> cerebral paralysis.

No, Ed. The group has clearly expressed its opinion on the matter. You are
taking advantage of the fact that it is an unmoderated public space. We have
actual people like that in New York who stand around and scream about
whatever is pissing them off. They are generally not considered welcome but
if their behavior falls within certain limits, there is nothing that can be
done.

The difference between you and them is that they (and I'm guessing here
because I've never actually talked to one) can't control their behavior.
They have no sense of how their behavior effects others or they simply don't
care. Now for all I know there may be no real difference between you and
them but you are capable of understanding what the group has said on the
subject.

Go in peace Ed.

Jeff Grippe wrote:

> No, Ed. The group has clearly expressed its opinion on the matter. You are
> taking advantage of the fact that it is an unmoderated public space. We have
> actual people like that in New York who stand around and scream about
> whatever is pissing them off. They are generally not considered welcome but
> if their behavior falls within certain limits, there is nothing that can be
> done.
>
> The difference between you and them is that they (and I'm guessing here
> because I've never actually talked to one) can't control their behavior.
> They have no sense of how their behavior effects others or they simply don't
> care. Now for all I know there may be no real difference between you and
> them but you are capable of understanding what the group has said on the
> subject.
>
> Go in peace Ed.

Obviously cross posted humorously! You think he can ride a bike?
LOL! Congratulations and thanks Jeff for sticking up for this
tranportation discussion group; not a name caller-politic-brain dead
group. A group of many members that clearly discusses correct subjects
as they appear on the title.

..

On Apr 21, 8:54 am, JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:

> Will someone please translate Dolan's mother tongue for him. How this
> fool ever held a job as a librarian defies comprehension...

Held for how long?

Remember, Mr. Ed the Grate has spent much of his life living on rental
income on properties he inherited.