General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Non Southerners and sugar

Started by Carol Shreaves · · Last activity · 3 posts · 303 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 January 2005
Last activity
7 January 2005
Original author
Carol Shreaves
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
303
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. having been born in NC, live in NC and LOVE sweet tea i had to answer this.

    there are more restaurants here that don't serve sweet tea than those that
    do. i have NEVER been in a restaurant that did not serve unsweet tea. i
    like my tea sweet but do not drink it unless it is pre-sweetened, hard to
    get the sugar to dissolve when the tea is cold. you can buy bottled or
    canned tea in any 7-11 or other convenience store that ranges from
    unsweetened to diet to extra sweet, including fruit flavored tea.

    carol
    love that arizona southern sweet tea!

    "Nexis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:HOQsd.132491$SW3.45202@fed1read01...

    Quoted message said:


    "Cindy Fuller" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Wayne Boatwright <[email hidden]> wrote:

    snips

    Quoted message said:

    Bottom line is, it's your choice whether to consume sugar or not. Most
    places that serve sweet tea also have unsweetened tea available. There


    are

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    two diabetics in our household. We watch what we consume and choose
    carefully.

    Not so, Wayne. I used to live in NC. Many times I'd be in a restaurant
    and ask for unsweetened iced tea and be told they didn't have any. Or
    try finding unsweetened iced tea in bottles or cans when you're on the
    road--ain't gonna happen. here in Seattle, it's the plague of the
    tutti-frutti iced teas--bleah!

    Ok, I have to jump in for a second here....a mild rant though, I promise!
    *Why* is it that it is almost impossible to find unsweetened brewed tea
    anymore? It's either sweetened or sweetened and loaded with atificial
    flavors. Yuck. And please, servers of the world, when someone asks for
    iced
    tea, put some ICE in it! lol

    kimberly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Please don't take this personally, but there are too many people out


    there

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    who seem to think society and the law should be their personal


    watchdogs.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    They are obviously too lazy or incapable of taking responsibility for
    themselves. I'm tired of being warned about undercooked eggs and meat.


    It

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    would really [censored] me off if "they" started governing what foods should
    contains sugar and how much. And it goes on and on...

    I fill a baggie full of the amount of sugar in a standard 12 ounce can
    of soda and pass it around to my nutrition class. Most of them are
    clueless to that point of how much sugar (rather, high fructose corn
    syrup) they're getting in via that route.

    Cindy, rfc nutrition police officer

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

  2. Carol Shreaves said:

    having been born in NC, live in NC and LOVE sweet tea i had to answer this.

    there are more restaurants here that don't serve sweet tea than those that
    do. i have NEVER been in a restaurant that did not serve unsweet tea. i
    like my tea sweet but do not drink it unless it is pre-sweetened, hard to
    get the sugar to dissolve when the tea is cold. you can buy bottled or
    canned tea in any 7-11 or other convenience store that ranges from
    unsweetened to diet to extra sweet, including fruit flavored tea.


    In what was then Yugoslavia, hot tea came presweetened. It was way too
    sweet for my taste.

    At a time when I usually put five teaspoonfuls of sugar in my tea.

    --
    Dan Goodman
    Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood
    Predictions and Politics http://dsgood.blogspot.com
    All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.
    John Arbuthnot (1667-1735), Scottish writer, physician.

  3. in article [email hidden], Dan Goodman at
    [email hidden] wrote on 1/5/05 0:05:

    Quoted message said:
    Carol Shreaves said:

    having been born in NC, live in NC and LOVE sweet tea i had to answer this.

    there are more restaurants here that don't serve sweet tea than those that
    do. i have NEVER been in a restaurant that did not serve unsweet tea. i
    like my tea sweet but do not drink it unless it is pre-sweetened, hard to
    get the sugar to dissolve when the tea is cold. you can buy bottled or
    canned tea in any 7-11 or other convenience store that ranges from
    unsweetened to diet to extra sweet, including fruit flavored tea.


    In what was then Yugoslavia, hot tea came presweetened. It was way too
    sweet for my taste.

    At a time when I usually put five teaspoonfuls of sugar in my tea.

    Carol, your postscript indicated you like Arizona brand sweet tea. While I
    like its taste, too, I find it's TOO sweet for my taste, so when I have it
    at home, I'll pour it into a container and dilute it a bit to make it more
    palatable.

    Dan, I don't put five spoonfuls of sugar in my tea, though I will use two
    tablespoons when I make a pot of tea in my coffeemaker (don't laugh - it
    works. I figured it out when I worked in train service, and could make tea
    in my hotel room. Ask for details if you're interested.)

    Dieter Zakas

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.