Re: Northampton, buying - Outcome (long)

David Martin

Guest
On 30/1/05 8:08 pm, in article
[email protected], "Simon Brooke"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> But do get a
> hard saddle that is the right width for _your_ sit-bones (people vary).
> Avoid 'padded' or 'gel' saddles like the plague.

I'll second that. I haven't found a 'modern' saddle that is comfortable for
more than a few hours. In contrast, I borrowed a Brooks (thanks Pete) for a
couple of weeks and did a few medium length rides on it. Bought one and rode
90 miles thenext weekend with no bum ache whatsoever.

Just bought an experienced one on eBay for the commuter, comfortable from
the word go but that is my bum. Your bum will be different.

Apparently my Brooks will be really good in 20 years time..

...d