Re: Northampton, buying - Outcome (long)

Ambrose Nankivell

Guest
PJ wrote:
> Oh, and another one: Noting both that there is no license to endorse
> or confiscate, and the questionable wisdom of trying to ride while
> intoxicated, I assume drink-drive laws are the same for cycles as for
> powered vehicles?

Not exactly. It is an offense and stupid to ride while drunk, but there is
no set blood alcohol limit and no potential to be breathalysed, so, AIUI,
the requirement for a prosecution is for you to be acting in a severely
imparied fashion.

Myself, I'm generally happy that I drink little enough that I'm happy riding
back from the pub most times I go there. Heavier drinkers may be advised to
do otherwise.

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
> PJ wrote:
> > Oh, and another one: Noting both that there is no license to

endorse
> > or confiscate, and the questionable wisdom of trying to ride while
> > intoxicated, I assume drink-drive laws are the same for cycles as

for
> > powered vehicles?

> Not exactly. It is an offense and stupid to ride while drunk,

In the same way that it is an offence and stupid to walk while drunk,
or even stand while drunk, or simply _be_ drunk.

James