Re: Numb fingers

gds

Guest
Ken wrote:
> And I am sure it's not from being too cold here in Florida. It seems

like
> after riding for about 30 minutes I start to get a bit of numbness in

my
> finger, but if I switch hand position it will go away for a while,

and then
> come back slightly. I have read that cycling gloves may help this

condition.
> Is it caused my a pinched nerve and or a pinched blood vessel cutting

of the
> flow of blood to my fingers?
>
> Ken
>
> --
> Remove "-dispose-trash" for email address
> My personal webstie: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/
> My blog: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/

Not mentioned by anyone but I think a key issue is "core strength."
Lots of folks ignore this in their training and my expereience is that
folks that have it have far fewer problems of this type. A strong and
flexible lower back will help you keep weight off and thus put less
pressure on the hands.