Re: NYME is over

wow definitely an amazing weekend! i had a blast and will definitely
be at motorama! joe we didnt trash the house too much did we? i think
the best part for me was the coaster uni. i give props to S.W.A.T. for
building the most badass green mini monster freecoasting uni. well im
off to go try and make an ultumate wheel and impossible wheel. sounds
like fun eh?

joel - soda?!? oh you mean pop. we call soda, pop up in canada
joey - .....:cool: heh heh need i say more

--
uniracer - new trick: gliding
uniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/403

I had a great time at the NYME and I only rode my uni a few feet. I'm
not ready to hit the mountain the trails, so I hiked following the uni
crowd on Saturday.

I found out that Muni is hard core. Before I went to the trials, I was
thinking ridding along a trail in the woods was challenge enough. BUT
NO, these guys go-go down the trails, searching for rocks to hop, logs
to track and stumps to jump. What an eye opener, these guys don't know
limits, only challenges.

Sure things looked a bit crazy with ~25 guys riding unicycles through a
mountain course that I wouldn't ride my bicycle on. But no, these guys
aren't completely crazy, more skilled. The biggest problem is that
they are hard on their toys, I know there was at least 2 flats, 1 bent
rim, and a broken seat post. No one was (seriously) hurt.

Hats off to the to the cool moms who t raved up and camped out, so their
teenage sons could show their stuff.

Everyone was helpful and I got countless pointers on learning to ride
the trails.

Joe, is a great host, thank you for all the time and effort holding the
event. It was a great idea.

Uni riding will never be the same for me. You guys rule the wheel, keep
on rolling.

--
Chrashing - Just Lucky

Regards,
Chrashing
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Chrashing wrote:
> *
> I had a great time at the NYME and I only rode my uni a few feet. I'm
> not ready to hit the mountain the trails, so I hiked following the
> uni crowd on Saturday.
> *

It's Okay, we'll forgive you....just be ready next year. :D

--
TheObieOne3226 - Judge me by my size, do you?

[image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> *
>
> It's Okay, we'll forgive you....just be ready next year. :D *

That's true Ken, we're anxious to see your new MUni for next
year...maybe you can sell that 'truck' of yours to supplement the
cost!

Get this, everyone:

Ken had only ever freestyled before (and has only one freestyle
uni)...he hiked at an incredibly fast pace in order to experience a
real, hard core muni ride! He's probably been on a harder muni ride
than most people here, and he just wanted to see what it was about!

I can't wait to follow his progress, and to check out his MUni, Coker,
and Ultimate Wheel next year!

Brian

--
Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

Forthcoming DVD
Training Wheel Not Required:
'7mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer1.wmv)

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I have the day off, and I'm heading
to the park to try off the pavement riding. It's a start, till I get a
fat wheel.

Yea, that truck of mine is a real disappointment on hills. (It needed a
push to get up a grassy slope at Joe's house.) But hey how many people
can say they have had a coker and 6 muni's in the back of their truck.

Brian, I saw the trailer to your movie, 'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/index.aspx) . It's looks like a great
uni film. It was interesting on the trails seeing how you were not shy
and put the camera nearly under the wheels of the uni's as they did hops
and jumps. Just to see your riding a coker as a Muni is worth getting
the film for alone. I'll look forward to the release.