Re: Oh...MY...GOD...ROID RAGE!!

WooferBearATL wrote:

> Hope you're not one of the innocents some day.

The penalty for being an asshole isn't death.

Well, it IS death, but not by execution. Just in the way that we all
live under a death sentence.

Dally

"WooferBearATL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I didn't protest Tookie Williams' execution.
>>>
>>> I don't dispute your assertion, either. I just want to focus a little
>>> bit of attention on MOST people, and "higher percentage", and "nearly
>>> everyone convicted is guilty". I totally agree. But the point is that
>>> sometimes, in low percentage of times, in freakish circumstances,
>>> someone is NOT guilty of the crime in which they are suspected, charged
>>> and convicted.
>>>
>>> That's why the death penalty is wrong. The evil of executing an
>>> innocent person outweighs the very little good you might attribute to
>>> it.

>> Better 12 innocent men die than one guilty man goes free
>>

> Hope you're not one of the innocents some day.

I certainly hope so as well!

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
>
>> Most people arrested by the police are guilty. An even higher
>> percentage of those arrested for murder are guilty. An even higher
>> percentage of those actually charged/indicted for murder are guilty.
>> Nearly everyone convicted of murder is guilty. The exceptions are rare,
>> and therefore newsworthy. You never hear the news state "Joe Schmuck,
>> on death row, is STILL guilty."
>>
>> You, and your Tookie Williams liberal fantasies, notwithstanding.

> I didn't protest Tookie Williams' execution.
>
> I don't dispute your assertion, either. I just want to focus a little bit
> of attention on MOST people, and "higher percentage", and "nearly everyone
> convicted is guilty". I totally agree. But the point is that sometimes,
> in low percentage of times, in freakish circumstances, someone is NOT
> guilty of the crime in which they are suspected, charged and convicted.
>
> That's why the death penalty is wrong. The evil of executing an innocent
> person outweighs the very little good you might attribute to it.

Congratulations. Sincerely. You have identified the one, and only, valid,
sound, argument against the death penalty.

In an ideal system, those found guilty of a crime that would, if the system
was perfect, would deserve death, would be placed in inescapable, super
maximum solitary confinement, fed basic food and water, given books to read,
and paper and pen to write, and would live there until they died.

However, unfortunately, despite the imperfection of the system, the morally
acceptable alternative described above does not exist. So, we are faced with
a lesser-of-too-evils type of choice: death penalty, or "life", which can
lead to escape, killing of other inmates, killing of guards, etcetera. An
argument can be made for both sides. I choice the death penaly side, despite
the fact that a very few innocent people will die.

Arguments like Trace's are just ********.

David

In article
<WillBrink*NOSPAM*[email protected]>,
WillBrink <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I just turned on the local news, and learned that the Las Vegas
> > Metropolitan
> > Police Department is searching for Craig Titus, and his wife, as the prime
> > suspects in the murder of a woman a few days ago!

Me and Kelly in better days:

http://www.brinkzone.com/photos9.html

I have known Craig and Kelly for years and though he was not the most
together human being I have ever met or the most upstanding, I can¹t say
I thought he was capable (insert innocent until found guilty part here)
of something like that.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

WillBrink <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:

>In article
><WillBrink*NOSPAM*[email protected]>,
> WillBrink <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > I just turned on the local news, and learned that the Las Vegas
>> > Metropolitan
>> > Police Department is searching for Craig Titus, and his wife, as the prime
>> > suspects in the murder of a woman a few days ago!

>Me and Kelly in better days:
>
>http://www.brinkzone.com/photos9.html
>
>I have known Craig and Kelly for years and though he was not the most
>together human being I have ever met or the most upstanding, I can¹t say
>I thought he was capable (insert innocent until found guilty part here)
>of something like that.

I saw Rehan in the top photo. Truly a nice guy. Remember that back
shot of him that Millard used as the logo for Mesomorphosis?

Will Brink wrote:

re Titus and Ryan

>I have known Craig and Kelly for years and though
>he was not the most together human being I have
>ever met or the most upstanding,

Way to go to bat for someone you've known for years, Brink. I would SO
want you in my corner if those proverbial chips were down.

Brink: "He doesn't have it together, I mean for the most part, you
know, as a human being. And, yeah, he's not the most upstanding
either."

>I can¹t say

Anything more positive than that? Nice. Why bother saying anything at
all?

>I thought he was capable (insert innocent until found guilty part here)
>of something like that.

Innocent until proven guilty? Uh, whether he killed her or not. He
*didn't* contact the cops and he set his Jag on fire. Oh, yeah, and
the small point that there was a human body - possibly still alive -
in the trunk of that particular Jag. Nice.

Oh, yeah, there's a possibility that Titus is innocent. And there's
also a possibility that Brink will wake up tomorrow at a height of
6'2" and with a full hairline. I mean, hey, anything's possible,
right?

No.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Yes, seems like a good ****. Have hung out with him a few times.

> Remember that back
> shot of him that Millard used as the logo for Mesomorphosis?

Didn't know it was him, no, but he's clearly in great shape.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/