Re: Oh...MY...GOD...ROID RAGE!!

WillBrink wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I just turned on the local news, and learned that the Las Vegas Metropolitan
>>Police Department is searching for Craig Titus, and his wife, as the prime
>>suspects in the murder of a woman a few days ago!

> For real?

Hold onto the term "suspect". Turn it around in your heads a few times.
It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.

Dally

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> WillBrink wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>I just turned on the local news, and learned that the Las Vegas
>>>Metropolitan Police Department is searching for Craig Titus, and his
>>>wife, as the prime suspects in the murder of a woman a few days ago!

>> For real?

> Hold onto the term "suspect". Turn it around in your heads a few times.
> It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.
>
> Dally

Then he and OJ get to start a Crime Fighting Team!

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
> WillBrink wrote:
>> "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I just turned on the local news, and learned that the Las Vegas
>>>Metropolitan Police Department is searching for Craig Titus, and his
>>>wife, as the prime suspects in the murder of a woman a few days ago!

>> For real?

> Hold onto the term "suspect". Turn it around in your heads a few times.
> It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.

Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into the
desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.

This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
charged with murder, and tend to execute them.

We're not Texas, but, who is?

David

David Cohen wrote:

> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>WillBrink wrote:

>>>For real?

>>Hold onto the term "suspect". Turn it around in your heads a few times.
>>It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.

> Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into the
> desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.
>
> This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
> charged with murder, and tend to execute them.

Just because you can't imagine the scenario in which he isn't guilty,
doesn't mean he IS guilty. And therein lies the crux of my problem with
capital punishment. Our ability to punish outstrips our ability to
discern judgment.

Dally

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:03:40 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

> It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.

I disagree. I think we should behead the piece of trash now, hold the
trial whenever we get to it.

/ ~ .\
|\__/
| |
| . |
| `.` |
__| `` | `.` |/~~\
/ | | | `` |/~~\
\ ` . . | |
\ . . ` /
\ . . /
\ . /
| . |
| |
| |

"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
>> WillBrink wrote:

>>> For real?

>> Hold onto the term "suspect". Turn it around in your heads a few times.
>> It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.

> Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into
> the desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.
>
> This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
> charged with murder, and tend to execute them.
>
> We're not Texas, but, who is?
>
> David

Yeah! I've Seen CSI!

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David Cohen wrote:

>>>Hold onto the term "suspect". Turn it around in your heads a few times.
>>>It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.

>> Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into
>> the desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.
>>
>> This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
>> charged with murder, and tend to execute them.

> Just because you can't imagine the scenario in which he isn't guilty,
> doesn't mean he IS guilty. And therein lies the crux of my problem with
> capital punishment. Our ability to punish outstrips our ability to
> discern judgment.
>
> Dally

LOL! Stop talking sense!

Have you noticed that the talk is not as to his guilt or innocence?

They're in Nevada! What is Gil Grisham going to say when he gets this to
the crime lab????

Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

>David Cohen wrote:

>>>Hold onto the term "suspect". Turn it around in your heads a few times.
>>>It's not quite time to execute him. He still gets a trial.

>> Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into the
>> desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.
>>
>> This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
>> charged with murder, and tend to execute them.

>Just because you can't imagine the scenario in which he isn't guilty,
>doesn't mean he IS guilty. And therein lies the crux of my problem with
>capital punishment. Our ability to punish outstrips our ability to
>discern judgment.

And therein lies the crux of my problem with some people who would
want to be jurors in such a case. Their ability to discern judgment
is outstripped by their desire to come up with bizarre scenarios
consistent with innocence because that's what they see in the
contrived plots of TV crime shows.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:16:17 -0500, JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>David Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into the
>>> desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.
>>>
>>> This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
>>> charged with murder, and tend to execute them.

>>Just because you can't imagine the scenario in which he isn't guilty,
>>doesn't mean he IS guilty. And therein lies the crux of my problem with
>>capital punishment. Our ability to punish outstrips our ability to
>>discern judgment.

>And therein lies the crux of my problem with some people who would
>want to be jurors in such a case. Their ability to discern judgment
>is outstripped by their desire to come up with bizarre scenarios
>consistent with innocence because that's what they see in the
>contrived plots of TV crime shows.

Before you get too vexed at the views expressed above, you just need
to look at who made that statement to know why it is seriously flawed.

A history of bleeding heart Liberalism, feminism and political
correctness makes such a person, and people like her, absolutely
incapable of reasonable discerning unbiased judgment based on facts
and evidence presented.

JMW wrote:
> Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>David Cohen wrote:
>>

>>>"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote

>>>Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into the
>>>desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.
>>>
>>>This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
>>>charged with murder, and tend to execute them.

>>Just because you can't imagine the scenario in which he isn't guilty,
>>doesn't mean he IS guilty. And therein lies the crux of my problem with
>>capital punishment. Our ability to punish outstrips our ability to
>>discern judgment.

> And therein lies the crux of my problem with some people who would
> want to be jurors in such a case.

I assure you that I have no desire to be a juror.

> Their ability to discern judgment
> is outstripped by their desire to come up with bizarre scenarios
> consistent with innocence because that's what they see in the
> contrived plots of TV crime shows.

I disagree. I think that most murders are committed by the people who
love you most or in stupid alcohol/drug-induced lack of judgment. I
know that bizarre murders are a once-a-decade sort of thing. I figure
Jon Bonet Ramsey was killed by her nine-year-old brother.

I wouldn't hesitate to convict someone if I thought they really did it.
I understand the difference between "reasonable" and "unreasonable"
doubt. Nicole Brown was murdered by SOMEONE. But just because I think
that is the most probably explanation doesn't mean I think the guy
should be put to death based on my best guess of what happened.

Because once in a while we're wrong. And we don't know in advance which
times those are going to be.

Dally

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:33:03 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

>I assure you that I have no desire to be a juror.

The commonwealth of Mass thanks you.

WooferBearATL wrote:
> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote

> >> Yup. I can't wait to hear the explanation for driving the body out into
> >> the desert and setting her, and the car, on fire.
> >>
> >> This is Nevada, not California or Massechusetts. We tend to convict those
> >> charged with murder, and tend to execute them.

> > Just because you can't imagine the scenario in which he isn't guilty,
> > doesn't mean he IS guilty. And therein lies the crux of my problem with
> > capital punishment. Our ability to punish outstrips our ability to
> > discern judgment.

> LOL! Stop talking sense!
>
> Have you noticed that the talk is not as to his guilt or innocence?

Most people arrested by the police are guilty. An even higher
percentage of those arrested for murder are guilty. An even higher
percentage of those actually charged/indicted for murder are guilty.
Nearly everyone convicted of murder is guilty. The exceptions are rare,
and therefore newsworthy. You never hear the news state "Joe Schmuck,
on death row, is STILL guilty."

You, and your Tookie Williams liberal fantasies, notwithstanding.

David

>On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:33:03 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I assure you that I have no desire to be a juror.

Dully's criminal record prevents her from serving as a juror.

"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> WooferBearATL wrote:

>> > Just because you can't imagine the scenario in which he isn't guilty,
>> > doesn't mean he IS guilty. And therein lies the crux of my problem
>> > with
>> > capital punishment. Our ability to punish outstrips our ability to
>> > discern judgment.

>> LOL! Stop talking sense!
>>
>> Have you noticed that the talk is not as to his guilt or innocence?

> Most people arrested by the police are guilty. An even higher
> percentage of those arrested for murder are guilty. An even higher
> percentage of those actually charged/indicted for murder are guilty.
> Nearly everyone convicted of murder is guilty. The exceptions are rare,
> and therefore newsworthy. You never hear the news state "Joe Schmuck,
> on death row, is STILL guilty."
>
> You, and your Tookie Williams liberal fantasies, notwithstanding.
>
> David

What's your source?

WooferBearATL wrote:
> "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote
> > WooferBearATL wrote:
> >> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote

> >> LOL! Stop talking sense!
> >>
> >> Have you noticed that the talk is not as to his guilt or innocence?

> > Most people arrested by the police are guilty. An even higher
> > percentage of those arrested for murder are guilty. An even higher
> > percentage of those actually charged/indicted for murder are guilty.
> > Nearly everyone convicted of murder is guilty. The exceptions are rare,
> > and therefore newsworthy. You never hear the news state "Joe Schmuck,
> > on death row, is STILL guilty."
> >
> > You, and your Tookie Williams liberal fantasies, notwithstanding.

> What's your source?

Vinnie "The Chin" Orchenzo, down on Fremont around Ninth Street. Good
****, fair prices.

David

David Cohen wrote:

> Most people arrested by the police are guilty. An even higher
> percentage of those arrested for murder are guilty. An even higher
> percentage of those actually charged/indicted for murder are guilty.
> Nearly everyone convicted of murder is guilty. The exceptions are rare,
> and therefore newsworthy. You never hear the news state "Joe Schmuck,
> on death row, is STILL guilty."
>
> You, and your Tookie Williams liberal fantasies, notwithstanding.

I didn't protest Tookie Williams' execution.

I don't dispute your assertion, either. I just want to focus a little
bit of attention on MOST people, and "higher percentage", and "nearly
everyone convicted is guilty". I totally agree. But the point is that
sometimes, in low percentage of times, in freakish circumstances,
someone is NOT guilty of the crime in which they are suspected, charged
and convicted.

That's why the death penalty is wrong. The evil of executing an
innocent person outweighs the very little good you might attribute to it.

Dally

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David Cohen wrote:
>
>> Most people arrested by the police are guilty. An even higher
>> percentage of those arrested for murder are guilty. An even higher
>> percentage of those actually charged/indicted for murder are guilty.
>> Nearly everyone convicted of murder is guilty. The exceptions are rare,
>> and therefore newsworthy. You never hear the news state "Joe Schmuck,
>> on death row, is STILL guilty."
>>
>> You, and your Tookie Williams liberal fantasies, notwithstanding.

> I didn't protest Tookie Williams' execution.
>
> I don't dispute your assertion, either. I just want to focus a little bit
> of attention on MOST people, and "higher percentage", and "nearly everyone
> convicted is guilty". I totally agree. But the point is that sometimes,
> in low percentage of times, in freakish circumstances, someone is NOT
> guilty of the crime in which they are suspected, charged and convicted.
>
> That's why the death penalty is wrong. The evil of executing an innocent
> person outweighs the very little good you might attribute to it.

Better 12 innocent men die than one guilty man goes free

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Most people arrested by the police are guilty. An even higher
>>> percentage of those arrested for murder are guilty. An even higher
>>> percentage of those actually charged/indicted for murder are guilty.
>>> Nearly everyone convicted of murder is guilty. The exceptions are rare,
>>> and therefore newsworthy. You never hear the news state "Joe Schmuck,
>>> on death row, is STILL guilty."
>>>
>>> You, and your Tookie Williams liberal fantasies, notwithstanding.

>> I didn't protest Tookie Williams' execution.
>>
>> I don't dispute your assertion, either. I just want to focus a little
>> bit of attention on MOST people, and "higher percentage", and "nearly
>> everyone convicted is guilty". I totally agree. But the point is that
>> sometimes, in low percentage of times, in freakish circumstances, someone
>> is NOT guilty of the crime in which they are suspected, charged and
>> convicted.
>>
>> That's why the death penalty is wrong. The evil of executing an innocent
>> person outweighs the very little good you might attribute to it.

> Better 12 innocent men die than one guilty man goes free

Hope you're not one of the innocents some day.