General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Ok, fine, whatever, I give up

Started by Luna · · Last activity · 5 posts · 246 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 October 2005
Last activity
25 October 2005
Original author
Luna
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
246
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    loverduck said:
    Luna said:

    Well, I _thought_ I'd broken my stall, but I went for my last weigh-in
    at
    Curves today, and I was down a half pound. Which is back to what I was
    in
    January. I go from 156 to 156.5 and back to 156, with likewise minute
    fluctuations in measurements that are probably due to different people
    measuring me in slightly different ways.

    I've been working out 5 - 6 days a week, weight lifting 3x a week,
    cardio
    as a warm up on weight days, and more cardio on non-weight days. I'm
    pushing myself as hard as I can on the working out. I've been
    averaging
    around 1200 calories a day, about 30g of carbs a day.

    I'm NOT giving up on low-carb. I like eating this way, and at least
    I'm
    not gaining. I'm not giving up on exercise either, because I like it
    too.
    But I guess I need to give up on losing any more weight, because
    apparently
    this is where my body wants to be, and to tell you the truth I'd rather
    be
    at this weight forever than eat any less, because I'm already
    restricting
    myself enough so that it's a pain in the butt and I'm hungry most of
    the
    time. I've butched up about as much as I can. No, that's not true, I
    could eat less. I could force myself to eat one small salad a day and
    nothing else. But what's the point? Been there, done that, hated
    every
    minute of it way more than I hate being fat. I'm not saying I love to
    pig
    out more than I hate being fat, it's not about wanting to eat huge
    portions
    of stuff, it's about how I don't think I could stick with being hungry
    when
    I go to bed, hungry when I wake up, hungry all day long, stomach
    growling
    loud enough that other people can hear it, ****ed off because I've
    just
    eaten a hard boiled egg for lunch and I'm still hungry, for the rest of
    my
    life. I have always been skeptical about people who say they don't eat
    a
    lot and they do exercise but they can't lose weight, and now look at
    me,
    I've become what I ridiculed. Whatever. **** it.

    --
    Michelle Levin
    http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

    I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3
    flaws.


    Michelle,
    This is what works for me. I eat lots of food. But the foods I eat
    have helped me to lose 58 lbs in 11 weeks. Foods high in carbs
    (Potatoes, rice, beans, cereal, oatmeal, grains) and lots of veggies
    and fruits. If you restrict your diet (particularly your sodium
    intake) to these kinds of foods, the weight will come off. Don't skip
    meals or reduce the amount of food your body needs to lose weight.
    Remember, if you don't eat enough food, your body will not burn up
    those "fat" cells. Your body is not stupid. If you don't give it the
    food that it needs to run its machine, it holds onto the "fat" cells as
    a protective mechanism. Just eat the right kinds of food and limit your
    sodium intake to 500mgs of sodium a day. Good luck!
    Sterling

    What the hell? You're responding to a post I made, what, two years ago?
    And telling me to eat carbs? On a low-carb diet support group?

  2. Luna wrote:
    :: In article <[email hidden]>,
    :: loverduck <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Luna Wrote:
    :::: Well, I _thought_ I'd broken my stall, but I went for my last
    :::: weigh-in at
    :::: Curves today, and I was down a half pound. Which is back to what
    :::: I was in
    :::: January. I go from 156 to 156.5 and back to 156, with likewise
    :::: minute fluctuations in measurements that are probably due to
    :::: different people measuring me in slightly different ways.
    ::::
    :::: I've been working out 5 - 6 days a week, weight lifting 3x a week,
    :::: cardio
    :::: as a warm up on weight days, and more cardio on non-weight days.
    :::: I'm pushing myself as hard as I can on the working out. I've been
    :::: averaging
    :::: around 1200 calories a day, about 30g of carbs a day.
    ::::
    :::: I'm NOT giving up on low-carb. I like eating this way, and at
    :::: least I'm
    :::: not gaining. I'm not giving up on exercise either, because I like
    :::: it too.
    :::: But I guess I need to give up on losing any more weight, because
    :::: apparently
    :::: this is where my body wants to be, and to tell you the truth I'd
    :::: rather be
    :::: at this weight forever than eat any less, because I'm already
    :::: restricting
    :::: myself enough so that it's a pain in the butt and I'm hungry most
    :::: of the
    :::: time. I've butched up about as much as I can. No, that's not
    :::: true, I could eat less. I could force myself to eat one small
    :::: salad a day and nothing else. But what's the point? Been there,
    :::: done that, hated every
    :::: minute of it way more than I hate being fat. I'm not saying I love
    :::: to pig
    :::: out more than I hate being fat, it's not about wanting to eat huge
    :::: portions
    :::: of stuff, it's about how I don't think I could stick with being
    :::: hungry when
    :::: I go to bed, hungry when I wake up, hungry all day long, stomach
    :::: growling
    :::: loud enough that other people can hear it, ****ed off because I've
    :::: just
    :::: eaten a hard boiled egg for lunch and I'm still hungry, for the
    :::: rest of my
    :::: life. I have always been skeptical about people who say they
    :::: don't eat a
    :::: lot and they do exercise but they can't lose weight, and now look
    :::: at me,
    :::: I've become what I ridiculed. Whatever. **** it.
    ::::
    :::: --
    :::: Michelle Levin
    :::: http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick
    ::::
    :::: I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3
    :::: flaws.
    ::: Michelle,
    ::: This is what works for me. I eat lots of food. But the foods I eat
    ::: have helped me to lose 58 lbs in 11 weeks. Foods high in carbs
    ::: (Potatoes, rice, beans, cereal, oatmeal, grains) and lots of veggies
    ::: and fruits. If you restrict your diet (particularly your sodium
    ::: intake) to these kinds of foods, the weight will come off. Don't
    ::: skip meals or reduce the amount of food your body needs to lose
    ::: weight. Remember, if you don't eat enough food, your body will not
    ::: burn up those "fat" cells. Your body is not stupid. If you don't
    ::: give it the food that it needs to run its machine, it holds onto
    ::: the "fat" cells as a protective mechanism. Just eat the right kinds
    ::: of food and limit your sodium intake to 500mgs of sodium a day.
    ::: Good luck!
    ::: Sterling
    ::
    :: What the hell? You're responding to a post I made, what, two years
    :: ago? And telling me to eat carbs? On a low-carb diet support group?

    Some weird [censored], no doubt! Quite stupid, too.

  3. Luna <[email hidden]> wrote:
    || In article <[email hidden]>,
    || loverduck <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ||
    ||| Luna Wrote:
    |||| Well, I _thought_ I'd broken my stall, but I went for my
    |||| last weigh-in at
    |||| Curves today, and I was down a half pound. Which is back
    |||| to what I was in
    |||| January. I go from 156 to 156.5 and back to 156, with
    |||| likewise minute fluctuations in measurements that are
    |||| probably due to different people measuring me in slightly
    |||| different ways.
    ||||
    |||| I've been working out 5 - 6 days a week, weight lifting 3x
    |||| a week, cardio
    |||| as a warm up on weight days, and more cardio on non-weight
    |||| days. I'm pushing myself as hard as I can on the working
    |||| out. I've been averaging
    |||| around 1200 calories a day, about 30g of carbs a day.
    ||||
    |||| I'm NOT giving up on low-carb. I like eating this way, and
    |||| at least I'm
    |||| not gaining. I'm not giving up on exercise either, because
    |||| I like it too.
    |||| But I guess I need to give up on losing any more weight,
    |||| because apparently
    |||| this is where my body wants to be, and to tell you the
    |||| truth I'd rather be
    |||| at this weight forever than eat any less, because I'm
    |||| already restricting
    |||| myself enough so that it's a pain in the butt and I'm
    |||| hungry most of the
    |||| time. I've butched up about as much as I can. No, that's
    |||| not true, I could eat less. I could force myself to eat
    |||| one small salad a day and nothing else. But what's the
    |||| point? Been there, done that, hated every
    |||| minute of it way more than I hate being fat. I'm not saying
    |||| I love to pig
    |||| out more than I hate being fat, it's not about wanting to
    |||| eat huge portions
    |||| of stuff, it's about how I don't think I could stick with
    |||| being hungry when
    |||| I go to bed, hungry when I wake up, hungry all day long,
    |||| stomach growling
    |||| loud enough that other people can hear it, ****ed off
    |||| because I've just
    |||| eaten a hard boiled egg for lunch and I'm still hungry, for
    |||| the rest of my
    |||| life. I have always been skeptical about people who say
    |||| they don't eat a
    |||| lot and they do exercise but they can't lose weight, and
    |||| now look at me,
    |||| I've become what I ridiculed. Whatever. **** it.
    ||||
    |||| --
    |||| Michelle Levin
    |||| http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick
    ||||
    |||| I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only
    |||| have 3 flaws.
    ||| Michelle,
    ||| This is what works for me. I eat lots of food. But the
    ||| foods I eat
    ||| have helped me to lose 58 lbs in 11 weeks. Foods high in
    ||| carbs (Potatoes, rice, beans, cereal, oatmeal, grains) and
    ||| lots of veggies
    ||| and fruits. If you restrict your diet (particularly your
    ||| sodium
    ||| intake) to these kinds of foods, the weight will come off.
    ||| Don't skip meals or reduce the amount of food your body
    ||| needs to lose weight. Remember, if you don't eat enough
    ||| food, your body will not burn up
    ||| those "fat" cells. Your body is not stupid. If you don't
    ||| give it the food that it needs to run its machine, it holds
    ||| onto the "fat" cells as a protective mechanism. Just eat the
    ||| right kinds of food and limit your sodium intake to 500mgs
    ||| of sodium a day. Good luck!
    ||| Sterling
    ||
    || What the hell? You're responding to a post I made, what, two
    || years ago? And telling me to eat carbs? On a low-carb diet
    || support group?

    Time warp?

    --
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film."
    -- Steven Wright

  4. Quoted message said:

    What the hell? You're responding to a post I made, what, two years ago?

    :o)

  5. "Luna" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What the hell? You're responding to a post I made, what, two years ago?
    And telling me to eat carbs? On a low-carb diet support group?

    Check its headers, it's posting from another one of those web archives
    WeightLossBanter.com

    --
    No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.