Re: OK, I have started

Mars at the Mu_n's Edge

Guest
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:25:33 -0800, "Mike Turco"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I agree that measuring food volume is not very scientific. However, I can
>assure you that I eat *way* the hell too much food whether you measure it by
>the calorie, the pound, the plate or the shovel. The "new me", if there is
>to be a new, smaller me, must get used to the fact that he can't eat
>*so*much* food.

There are a zillion carb counting and calorie counting diets. They
require journaling, and counting and constant monitoring...it becomes
an all consuming ritual which, after a while as you will soon see
right here on ASD, it will come to an end. No one keeps up with all
that for a lifetime and that's what we are talking about...a lifetime.

Yours.

>Today, when I cut into that pot roast, the first slab I dropped on the
>shitty little one pound scale maxed the damn thing out. Jesus -- more than a
>pound of meat! And something like that, for me, is just getting started!

Note the education that you are getting.

>Anyway, I will take or leave the 2PD based on whether or not I lose weight.

Yep.

>However, I am going to keep that scale around for a while because, really, I
>need to stop eating so much damn food, and without a scale and a log I will
>probably kid myself into thinking that I am eating less when I am not.

Soon you can drop the log when you are ready. I logged for six weeks
for documentation purposes. Then I quit. I can eyeball a portion size
now and I flat don't want that much food anymore.

When I do over eat, I know it and it don't feel good.

Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.