UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Okay I've fallen off now

Started by crystal_tears_ · · Last activity · 1 post · 574 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
11 May 2004
Last activity
11 May 2004
Original author
crystal_tears_
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
574
Views / 30 days
5
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Visionset said:

    Had to happen, but curiously not how I expected it. My new clipless
    pedals are now 3 weeks old, and I fell off today. Well aware of the
    fact I needed to get out of them, I was at lights, nudging along
    waiting for green, then I just fell off. I thought getting out of them
    at the last 1/2 second would be a cinch, but it wasn't, and not helped
    by the fact I had just cranked up the release up couple of notches. Oh
    well, no harm done, knarly climbers hands saved the day, reached out
    and braced for a harmless, though exceedingly embarrassing impact.
    Didn't even scuff a pedal.
    Note to self: Unclip in good time, especially in a built up area!
    --
    Mike W

    Nearly happened to me on a few occasions but i just managed to avoi
    falling off. Like you say, make sure you unclip in plenty of time
    anticipation is the key word and also remember to drop down a couple o
    gears at traffic lights etc making it far easier to start off again
    Funnily enough i've never fallen off while coming to a stop but onl
    when overgearing up steep hills lol. Luckily enough nobody was passin
    at the time to witness me in a heap on the floor :

    -

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.