Re: Oldtimer asks, Is this place still alive?

The Queen of Cans and Jars

Guest
Stephen <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm asking those who are still on this NG that are here for the weight
> training content, who ever you are, if you think it is worthwhile trying
> to sift through the chaff.

Why don't you post some weight training content instead, if that's what
you're missing so much? You seem like a nice enough, smart enough guy
and it's not that I think you're wrong or anything, but as someone who's
managed to filter out all the **** and is just here for the good stuff,
I have to say that posts complaining about how good "the good old days"
were don't really do much to make things better for anyone.

[email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:

>Stephen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I'm asking those who are still on this NG that are here for the weight
>> training content, who ever you are, if you think it is worthwhile trying
>> to sift through the chaff.

>Why don't you post some weight training content instead, if that's what
>you're missing so much? You seem like a nice enough, smart enough guy
>and it's not that I think you're wrong or anything, but as someone who's
>managed to filter out all the **** and is just here for the good stuff,
>I have to say that posts complaining about how good "the good old days"
>were don't really do much to make things better for anyone.

Steve was around for several years and dropped out in late 2001.
Those were interesting times.

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:16:14 -0500, JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
>
>>Stephen <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm asking those who are still on this NG that are here for the weight
>>> training content, who ever you are, if you think it is worthwhile trying
>>> to sift through the chaff.

>>Why don't you post some weight training content instead, if that's what
>>you're missing so much? You seem like a nice enough, smart enough guy
>>and it's not that I think you're wrong or anything, but as someone who's
>>managed to filter out all the **** and is just here for the good stuff,
>>I have to say that posts complaining about how good "the good old days"
>>were don't really do much to make things better for anyone.

>Steve was around for several years and dropped out in late 2001.
>Those were interesting times.

In what way, other than you in your "trolling" heyday?

JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
>
> >Stephen <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm asking those who are still on this NG that are here for the weight
> >> training content, who ever you are, if you think it is worthwhile trying
> >> to sift through the chaff.

> >Why don't you post some weight training content instead, if that's what
> >you're missing so much? You seem like a nice enough, smart enough guy
> >and it's not that I think you're wrong or anything, but as someone who's
> >managed to filter out all the **** and is just here for the good stuff,
> >I have to say that posts complaining about how good "the good old days"
> >were don't really do much to make things better for anyone.

> Steve was around for several years and dropped out in late 2001.
> Those were interesting times.

Times may well get interesting again, if people can be encouraged to
live in the present and look towards the future. Wallowing in the past
doesn't serve anyone's best interest.

[email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:

>JMW <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:

>> >Why don't you post some weight training content instead, if that's what
>> >you're missing so much? You seem like a nice enough, smart enough guy
>> >and it's not that I think you're wrong or anything, but as someone who's
>> >managed to filter out all the **** and is just here for the good stuff,
>> >I have to say that posts complaining about how good "the good old days"
>> >were don't really do much to make things better for anyone.

>> Steve was around for several years and dropped out in late 2001.
>> Those were interesting times.

>Times may well get interesting again, if people can be encouraged to
>live in the present and look towards the future. Wallowing in the past
>doesn't serve anyone's best interest.

There is only the eternal now.

But what are you doing now? Are you brief appearances for any purpose
other than to make nasty quips?

JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
>
> >JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Steve was around for several years and dropped out in late 2001.
> >> Those were interesting times.

> >Times may well get interesting again, if people can be encouraged to
> >live in the present and look towards the future. Wallowing in the past
> >doesn't serve anyone's best interest.

> There is only the eternal now.

..
> But what are you doing now? Are you brief appearances for any purpose
> other than to make nasty quips?

Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been here.

I've been somewhat sidelined by health difficulties, but I'm hoping the
chiropractic appointment I had today is going to be the ticket to
getting me back on track. I was making good progress until daily
headaches and bi-weekly migraines sort of killed my enthusiasm for doing
anything more involved than sleeping.

But I've never been here to teach anyone anything about weight lifting.
I'm here to learn. And to make nasty quips when I feel like it, which
of course falls under "misc" and is therefore on topic.

The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:

> Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been here.
>
> I've been somewhat sidelined by health difficulties, but I'm hoping the
> chiropractic appointment I had today is going to be the ticket to
> getting me back on track. I was making good progress until daily
> headaches and bi-weekly migraines sort of killed my enthusiasm for doing
> anything more involved than sleeping.

It's good that you're keeping a toehold into the lifting world, then, by
lurking here. You'll be back to shape in no time once you can focus on it.

> But I've never been here to teach anyone anything about weight lifting.
> I'm here to learn. And to make nasty quips when I feel like it, which
> of course falls under "misc" and is therefore on topic.

Ah, I've always wondered.

Dally

Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
> >
> > Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been here.
> >
> > I've been somewhat sidelined by health difficulties, but I'm hoping the
> > chiropractic appointment I had today is going to be the ticket to
> > getting me back on track. I was making good progress until daily
> > headaches and bi-weekly migraines sort of killed my enthusiasm for doing
> > anything more involved than sleeping.

> It's good that you're keeping a toehold into the lifting world, then, by
> lurking here. You'll be back to shape in no time once you can focus on it.

I've only taken a week off since school ended, so I'm not exactly off
the back yet. I finally got tired of working out through the constant
pain.

> > But I've never been here to teach anyone anything about weight lifting.
> > I'm here to learn. And to make nasty quips when I feel like it, which
> > of course falls under "misc" and is therefore on topic.

> Ah, I've always wondered.

Am I really that mysterious? Sheesh.

The Queen of Aches and Pains <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've been somewhat sidelined by health difficulties, but I'm hoping the
>chiropractic appointment I had today is going to be the ticket to
>getting me back on track.

Chiropractic is something I'm a strong proponent of. Yes, I'll
especially sing the praises of Brian Becker in Lemoyne, PA, USA. He
and his brother have a practice there. Brian is also a biker, swimmer,
runner in Dally's sport-of-choice.

Although I'm no fan of mica, I wish no one to be sidelined by health
difficulties.

>I was making good progress until daily headaches and bi-weekly
>migraines sort of killed my enthusiasm for doing anything more
>involved than sleeping.

Thankfully, I've never encountered or suffered through what I'd
describe (or has been described to me) as a migraine.

>But I've never been here to teach anyone anything about weight lifting.
>I'm here to learn. And to make nasty quips when I feel like it, which
>of course falls under "misc" and is therefore on topic.

Someone tell her that weightlifting is one word. Meh.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/