re: Oriental Pasta Salad

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Margaret Suran, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. Sheryl Rosen wrote:
    \ Will radishes keep a week in the
    > fridge in the veggie drawer? I certainly won't use the entire bag of
    > radishes in the "test drive" amount, and I'd hate to lose them. I know
    > scallions won't keep but I'll find a use for the leftovers in the next
    > coupla days. (I have some chicken cutlets, I can use 'em in that.)
    >
    > I'm using frozen sugar snap peas, uncooked.
    >
    > They are trimmed and blanched, but not mushy and they hold up well in pasta
    > salad. And they are on sale for 99 cents a bag today!!! So I'll get a few
    > of em for the freezer.

    Both radishes and scallions will keep. Radishes in cellophane bags
    will keep just as they are and if in a bunch, you may to trim them and
    put them in a baggie. Most likely they will be just fine as they are,
    but check on them from time to time, just in case.

    Scallions will keep for much more than a week. Just leave them alone
    and they will not deteriorate. Do not trim them or anything.

    Go, Red Sox, Go!!!!