Re: Oscar Pereiro will be declared the winner of the 2006 TdF

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> Terryc wrote:
>
>>Andrew Priest wrote:

Floyd Landis, who tested positive for the banned male hormone
>>>testosterone .......
>>
>>lol, exceedingly poor writing.
>

> Bloody schoolteachers, just can't help themselves. :)
Err, I'm an IT injunear {:).

but that reminds me of a theory that the reason so many people oppossed
the vietnam War was because we didn't have enough tstosterone in the
infants/primary classrooms (in the teachers).

Terryc wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> Bloody schoolteachers, just can't help themselves. :)

> Err, I'm an IT injunear {:).

OMG, worse than I imagined. I used to be a computer inj, ung, .... techo.

> but that reminds me of a theory that the reason so many people
> oppossed the vietnam War was because we didn't have enough
> tstosterone in the infants/primary classrooms (in the teachers).

No, we (now older persons) opposed the Vietnam war because it was just plain
wrong.

Theo

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> No, we (now older persons) opposed the Vietnam war because it was just plain
> wrong.

As have been all the others.

It was a sales pitch to get me into a teaching career, but I'd seen
enough of "being a school teacher" to know what it involved.

I decided that being a teacher/guide/educator of/for/of bicycle touring
, bushwalking, etc, etc was far more interesting, even ifit wasn't going
to be a career.

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:03:58 +1000
Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:

> but that reminds me of a theory that the reason so many people oppossed
> the vietnam War was because we didn't have enough tstosterone in the
> infants/primary classrooms (in the teachers).

Considering that when I did primary school in the late 60s (at the
time of the war) half the teachers were male, and the ratio was that
or better for the previous 15 years...

The head and deputy head of my primary school were veterans, the other
men had all done military service.

So if it was teacher influence it was probably because the teachers
knew it was a stupid idea.

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

> Considering that when I did primary school in the late 60s (at the
> time of the war) half the teachers were male, and the ratio was that
> or better for the previous 15 years...
>
> The head and deputy head of my primary school were veterans, the other
> men had all done military service.

My High school English teacher would regale us with tales of flying a
Lancaster, whilst smoking his pipe in the classroom.

Theo

On 2007-09-21, Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:
> My High school English teacher would regale us with tales of flying a
> Lancaster, whilst smoking his pipe in the classroom.

My 6th class teacher was a bombadier/navigator in a Lancaster. Didn't
take us long to figure out that getting him started telling war stories
meant no schoolwork for an afternoon.

--
John
Information wants to be beer, or something like that. -unknown

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:12:49 -0000
John Pitts <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2007-09-21, Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:
>> My High school English teacher would regale us with tales of flying a
>> Lancaster, whilst smoking his pipe in the classroom.

> My 6th class teacher was a bombadier/navigator in a Lancaster. Didn't
> take us long to figure out that getting him started telling war stories
> meant no schoolwork for an afternoon.

I had a chemistry teacher who was of Jewish ethnicity (meaning I have
no idea if his family were practicing or not) who grew up in
Alsace-Lorraine during the war, and then knocked about Europe after
it. Getting him going on his adventures (which did include some
chemistry, he'd been an industrial chemist for many years) was
educational and good for a double period easy.

I also learned more science (not just chem) from him then I did from
any of the other science teachers I had.

I think all teachers should have a few years to gather stories before
they start teaching. Probably better for all concerned!

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

> I think all teachers should have a few years to gather stories before
> they start teaching. Probably better for all concerned!

You think all teachers of children should have real life experiences? Good
Lord, what a novel idea. Next you'll be wondering why, in most (so-called
primitive) tribal groups, the teaching of children is left to old men,
rather than to young women. I suspect it's because old men are useless (in
our enlightened, advanced society).

Theo
:)

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:10:57 +0800
Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zebee Johnstone wrote:
>
>> I think all teachers should have a few years to gather stories before
>> they start teaching. Probably better for all concerned!

> You think all teachers of children should have real life experiences? Good
> Lord, what a novel idea. Next you'll be wondering why, in most (so-called
> primitive) tribal groups, the teaching of children is left to old men,
> rather than to young women. I suspect it's because old men are useless (in
> our enlightened, advanced society).

Well how many of them can program a video recorder?

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:10:57 +0800
> Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Zebee Johnstone wrote:
>>
>>> I think all teachers should have a few years to gather stories
>>> before they start teaching. Probably better for all concerned!

>> You think all teachers of children should have real life
>> experiences? Good Lord, what a novel idea. Next you'll be wondering
>> why, in most (so-called primitive) tribal groups, the teaching of
>> children is left to old men, rather than to young women. I suspect
>> it's because old men are useless (in our enlightened, advanced
>> society).

> Well how many of them can program a video recorder?

That is classed by older people as a non-essential skill, like sending an
SMS.

Theo

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

> Well how many of them can program a video recorder?

Old or young? which brand and model?