Re: (ot) Chicken Stock Saved My Life

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by notbob, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2006-04-13, elaine <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Get a gun? Right, that's the answer.

    Ya' sure, you betchya! You can get a short double barreled shotgun
    for a few hundred dollars. I've never had to use mine. I think the
    bullet hole in the window scares 'em off.

    nb

    Tags:

  2. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 2006-04-13, elaine <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Get a gun? Right, that's the answer.

    > Ya' sure, you betchya! You can get a short double barreled shotgun
    > for a few hundred dollars. I've never had to use mine. I think the
    > bullet hole in the window scares 'em off.
    >
    > nb

    That's what we just acquired a 12 gauge for - home defense. I hope I never
    have to use it, but the hubby said just the cha-chink sound of loading the
    shells into the chamber should scare off an intruder. Our neighborhood has
    rapidly taken a turn for the worse in the past year with drug addicts,
    prostitutes, meth labs and break-ins. It would be nice to be able to move,
    as many of our neighbors have done, but their houses have been on the market
    for over a year now. No one wants to move into a neighborhood like this
    one.

    We've only been in our house for 2 years, so it's a real shame. The value
    has already depreciated $10,000 since we got it. Yes, DEPRECIATED. Whatcha
    gonna do?

    kili