Re: OT: Go Lance Armstrong!

smiles

Guest
"Brian McG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Maybe the rest of cycling world fans (Europeans etc) see Lance for he is;
> a second rung athlete that is being hyped as one of the worlds (historic)
> greatest cyclist

Ha ... "second rung" ... he is just focused on one goal ... I saw him ride
here in Georgia, he is in no way a "second rung" athlete ... he may not be
the "best of all time" ... but he is one of the best. One cannot race for a
month through those conditions and come out on top against the BEST in the
world be considerd a "second rung" athlete!!

Sorry for the cross post ... but get the cycling guys in this debate;-)

http://boardnbike.com

---------- original post in complete ----------
Maybe the rest of cycling world fans (Europeans etc) see Lance for he is;
a second rung athlete that is being hyped as one of the worlds (historic)
greatest cyclist

If my memory is somewhat accurate.
Lance has like 8 major tour wins, Merckx has 70+
Lance has 75 total stage or individual victories, Merckx as over 500. ....

To rest of world cycling fans, Lance's shameless hype is like basketball
fans getting ****** by a Dennis Rodman type goon being hyped as another
Michael Jordan.

Maybe it's time for Lance to get his comeuppance from a Fan.

"Klaus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yeah check out what Lance had to ride though on Saturday. The fans in
> orange are from Spain - but the French fans aren't much better. Nice

double

smiles wrote:

> "Brian McG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Maybe the rest of cycling world fans (Europeans etc) see Lance for he is;
>>a second rung athlete that is being hyped as one of the worlds (historic)
>>greatest cyclist

> Ha ... "second rung" ... he is just focused on one goal ... I saw him ride
> here in Georgia, he is in no way a "second rung" athlete ... he may not be
> the "best of all time" ... but he is one of the best. One cannot race for a
> month through those conditions and come out on top against the BEST in the
> world be considerd a "second rung" athlete!!
>
> Sorry for the cross post ... but get the cycling guys in this debate;-)

> http://boardnbike.com
>

> ---------- original post in complete ----------
> Maybe the rest of cycling world fans (Europeans etc) see Lance for he is;
> a second rung athlete that is being hyped as one of the worlds (historic)
> greatest cyclist
>
> If my memory is somewhat accurate.
> Lance has like 8 major tour wins, Merckx has 70+
> Lance has 75 total stage or individual victories, Merckx as over 500. ....
>
> To rest of world cycling fans, Lance's shameless hype is like basketball
> fans getting ****** by a Dennis Rodman type goon being hyped as another
> Michael Jordan.
>
> Maybe it's time for Lance to get his comeuppance from a Fan.
>

> "Klaus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Yeah check out what Lance had to ride though on Saturday. The fans in
>>orange are from Spain - but the French fans aren't much better. Nice

> double
>
>>bird in Lance's face from the fan on the left. Loooosers!
>>
>>http://www.velonews.com/images/news/6597.8494.f.jpg

We don't need no stinkin debate, that Helmet - troll thing won't die and
as soon as the tour is over we'll be buried beneath coulda - woulda -
shoulda threads.

"Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in

> > here in Georgia, he is in no way a "second rung" athlete ... he may not

be
> > the "best of all time" ... but he is one of the best.

We're saying the same thing. Lance is second rung in a historical context.
It's not a slam of Lance. It's a slam at the current hype that he's in the
same League as a Michael Jordan or as an Eddy Merckx.

On 7/20/04 6:48 AM, in article [email protected],
"smiles" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Brian McG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Maybe the rest of cycling world fans (Europeans etc) see Lance for he is;
>> a second rung athlete that is being hyped as one of the worlds (historic)
>> greatest cyclist

> Ha ... "second rung" ... he is just focused on one goal ... I saw him ride
> here in Georgia, he is in no way a "second rung" athlete ... he may not be
> the "best of all time" ... but he is one of the best. One cannot race for a
> month through those conditions and come out on top against the BEST in the
> world be considerd a "second rung" athlete!!
>
> Sorry for the cross post ... but get the cycling guys in this debate;-)

> http://boardnbike.com
>

> ---------- original post in complete ----------
> Maybe the rest of cycling world fans (Europeans etc) see Lance for he is;
> a second rung athlete that is being hyped as one of the worlds (historic)
> greatest cyclist
>
> If my memory is somewhat accurate.
> Lance has like 8 major tour wins, Merckx has 70+
> Lance has 75 total stage or individual victories, Merckx as over 500. ....
>
> To rest of world cycling fans, Lance's shameless hype is like basketball
> fans getting ****** by a Dennis Rodman type goon being hyped as another
> Michael Jordan.
>
> Maybe it's time for Lance to get his comeuppance from a Fan.
>

> "Klaus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Yeah check out what Lance had to ride though on Saturday. The fans in
>> orange are from Spain - but the French fans aren't much better. Nice

> double
>> bird in Lance's face from the fan on the left. Loooosers!
>>
>> http://www.velonews.com/images/news/6597.8494.f.jpg

I find myself to be a fairly decent rider, and two years ago did a ride
(AIDS ride) from Amsterdam to Paris, 7 days, 560 miles. I was by no means
racing and was exhausted by the end of the week. So I just have to imagine
even the snail in the Peloton who finishes the tour has to be in fine shape.
Armstrong, Basso,Ulrich, Voekkler (sp ?) are in excellent shape, its a whole
other level