Re: (OT) No riding for me -- I'll be in NYC!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Edward Dolan, Feb 19, 2006.

  1. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 18 Feb 2006 12:14:50 -0800, "Fritz M" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>rdclark wrote:
    >>
    >>> Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike either. <g>

    >>I'll be in upstate NY this week, near Albany. I won't have a bike
    >>either.
    >>

    > I'm staying here to enjoy the great cycling weather and spring blush.
    >
    > Looks like another week of clear sub-freezing nights will retard the
    > bloom until Claire gets back in time for it to warm up and start
    > raining again.

    Posh, Claire herself will warm things up there with her "Warm Regards". I
    wish she would come to Minnesota and warm things up here.

    > I spotted my first cherry blossoms of the year on Feb. 11th but they
    > were in a fairly sheltered and well lighted location. There's just the
    > faintest hint of pink in the air over the tree lined streets.

    There will be a hint of spring in the air in Minnesota maybe around June.
    Until then we just hunker down and curse our fate. Come to think of it, even
    June can be a pretty bad month. You can really only depend on July, August
    and September for halfway decent weather. The rest of the year is a total
    loss.

    > Enjoy your travels.

    I would like to go to someplace warm like Panama. Failing that, there is no
    enjoyment in life - especially here in Mudville. Mighty Casey has struck
    out!

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka