Re: OT: Why I Published Those Cartoons

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by OmManiPadmeOmelet, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. In article
    <WillBrink*NOSPAM*[email protected]>,
    WillBrink <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:

    > An interesting read on the whole muslim cartoon issue.The money shot of
    > this article that sums it well:
    >
    > "Has Jyllands-Posten insulted and disrespected Islam? It certainly
    > didn't intend to. But what does respect mean? When I visit a mosque, I
    > show my respect by taking off my shoes. I follow the customs, just as I
    > do in a church, synagogue or other holy place. But if a believer demands
    > that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is
    > not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is
    > incompatible with a secular democracy."
    >

    > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021702499.html
    >
    > Why I Published Those Cartoons
    >
    > By Flemming Rose
    > Sunday, February 19, 2006; Page B01

    What he failed to take into account is that Muslims have no sense of
    humor... and I wonder about some of the folks on this list?

    <sigh>
    --
    Peace, Om.

  2. On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:46:54 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What he failed to take into account is that Muslims have no sense of
    >humor... and I wonder about some of the folks on this list?

    Be honest, you don't even know what that means, do you?