Re: Our first 50k ride

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by audrey, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. audrey

    audrey Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:19:40 +0100, Steph Peters
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Today Audrey and I reached a significant stage (well I don't want to call it
    >a milestone) in training, our first 50km ride. We're training for the
    >Manchester 100k in September, so that's half way there. I also achieved my
    >first 100k week (111 actually), so all I need to do now is bundle up the
    >entire week in a single ride.
    >
    >If she has any sense, in the future Audrey will not trust me to either pick
    >our destination or map read without supervision.

    You have not yet experienced my map reading. There is a reason I
    always leave it to you ...

    >The other reason for picking Dunham Massey as a target was lunchstop, and
    >this came up to expectations of National Trust Food i.e. quite decent but
    >not exactly cheap.

    There was cake in large slabs, tho.

    >Other significant achievements this week - rode far enough to get off the
    >local large scale cycling map for the first time, and rode far enough to get
    >into real countryside.

    By the time I got home I'd done 31.5 miles by my computer, had had a
    cake stop so felt like a proper u.r.c.-er, and had grazing and
    bruising to impress even a 5 year old. I wish I could say the injuries
    were due to the 4x4 drivers of Hale, but as there was a witness I have
    to admit I fell off because I was too busy talking to look where I was
    going.

    Tags:

  2. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    audrey <[email protected]> of wrote:
    >By the time I got home I'd done 31.5 miles by my computer, had had a
    >cake stop so felt like a proper u.r.c.-er, and had grazing and
    >bruising to impress even a 5 year old. I wish I could say the injuries
    >were due to the 4x4 drivers of Hale, but as there was a witness I have
    >to admit I fell off because I was too busy talking to look where I was
    >going.

    My computer as adjusted by the Audrey's computer reality factor, also read
    31.5, so we both made 50k.

    Hope the grazes and bruises get better soon.
    --
    Does it take an entomologist to recognize a computer bug?
    Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected]lid

  3. audrey

    audrey Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:28:16 +0100, Steph Peters
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>cake stop so felt like a proper u.r.c.-er, and had grazing and
    >>bruising to impress even a 5 year old. I wish I could say the injuries
    >>were due to the 4x4 drivers of Hale, but as there was a witness I have
    >>to admit I fell off because I was too busy talking to look where I was
    >>going.

    >Hope the grazes and bruises get better soon.

    I was telling my dear Mama about it, guess what her first question
    was? "You were wearing your h*lm*t weren't you?"

  4. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 11/4/05 1:04 pm, in article [email protected],
    "audrey" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I was telling my dear Mama about it, guess what her first question
    > was? "You were wearing your h*lm*t weren't you?"

    Did you ask her where you should have been wearing it to prevent the bumps
    and grazes?

    ...d