Re: Our first 50k ride

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Brooke, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Steph Peters
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Trouble is this route goes past
    > my favourite supermarket.  I went in for one thing to take home and a
    > cold bottle of fruit juice, and came out with about 4kg of shopping.
    > I really must stop going in there at the end of a long ride; the last
    > few miles are always the hardest and a full pannier really doesn't
    > help.

    Solution: don't take a pannier (or any spare storage device) and then
    you won't be tempted.

    "The result is a language that... not even its mother could
    love. Like the camel, Common Lisp is a horse designed by
    committee. Camels do have their uses."
    ;; Scott Fahlman, 7 March 1995

    Tags:

  2. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    Simon Brooke <[email protected]> of gradually deteriorating wrote:

    >in message <[email protected]>, Steph Peters
    >('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> Trouble is this route goes past
    >> my favourite supermarket.  I went in for one thing to take home and a
    >> cold bottle of fruit juice, and came out with about 4kg of shopping.
    >> I really must stop going in there at the end of a long ride; the last
    >> few miles are always the hardest and a full pannier really doesn't
    >> help.

    >Solution: don't take a pannier (or any spare storage device) and then
    >you won't be tempted.

    Have to get myself something a bit smaller for cool tool, lock, pump, spare
    tube and lunch then.

    Or get more organised so that everything I wanted was on the shopping list
    for DH, instead of only part of it ;-) Or take DH out cycling to carry the
    luggage ;;-)
    --
    Circular Definition: see Definition, Circular
    Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected]lid

  3. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Steph Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Or get more organised so that everything I wanted was on the shopping list
    > for DH, instead of only part of it ;-) Or take DH out cycling to carry the
    > luggage ;;-)

    Indeed that is what DHs are for!

    Cheers, helen s

  4. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    "wafflycat" <wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk> of wrote:

    >"Steph Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Or get more organised so that everything I wanted was on the shopping list
    >> for DH, instead of only part of it ;-) Or take DH out cycling to carry the
    >> luggage ;;-)

    >Indeed that is what DHs are for!

    And punctures! The puncture fairy paid a visit on Monday night, and because
    I was late on Tuesday I walked briskly to work instead of riding. Managed
    to sweet talk DH into fixing it while I went on a beer and curry night out
    with the guys from work. He got his own back though by not putting the
    wheel back in quite right. It's so embarrassing sprawling all over the road
    in front of the neighbours when I fell off.