Re: outer diameter of a 56 tooth chainwheel ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jim Adney, Mar 12, 2005.

  1. Jim Adney

    Jim Adney Guest

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:29:09 GMT Retroed Bob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone have a chart for this ? The one in question is a Stronglight,
    >but I don't suppose there's a lot of difference since for a specific
    >chain pitch, the size would always be he same (give or take tooth
    >variations). I am trying to figure out how much bigger the OD would
    >be for a 56 vs. a 52 (so, same question for the 52 :).

    Assuming that the tooth profiles are the same, which is a good
    assumption if the maker is the same, then the 56-52 diametral
    difference is the same as the 52-48 diametral difference. ie, any 4
    tooth change will make the same change in diameter.

    -
    Jim Adney [email protected]
    Madison, WI 53711 USA