Re: PATRIOT Act's geopolitical significance

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Bush is immoral
Timothy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The libbie whine about the "freedoms" they are losing because of the
> PATRIOT Act, but they misconstrue the geopolitical goals behind this
> legislation. It was not enacted simply to enable Bush II to squash
> those who oppose him. (He presumably would never do abuse the power
> this act gives him anyway, because he is not a tyrant. Indeed, even
> though this is not a universally popular position, he has spoken out
> against tyranny.)
>
> The main purpose of the PATRIOT Act is as a gesture towards those in
> the Arab World and elsewhere who hate our freedom. By giving up a
> portion of our freedom, we are showing our willingness to compromise
> and to coexist peacefully with those who hate our freedom. To put it
> in its simplest terms, those who hate our freedom now like us a little
> bit more than they used to in the days before PATRIOT was enacted. Yes,
> we have lost part of our freedom, but this is the price we pay to have
> more friends and allies.

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bush is immoral
> Timothy <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> The libbie whine about the "freedoms" they are losing because of the
>> PATRIOT Act, but they misconstrue the geopolitical goals behind this
>> legislation. It was not enacted simply to enable Bush II to squash
>> those who oppose him. (He presumably would never do abuse the power
>> this act gives him anyway, because he is not a tyrant. Indeed, even
>> though this is not a universally popular position, he has spoken out
>> against tyranny.)
>>
>> The main purpose of the PATRIOT Act is as a gesture towards those in
>> the Arab World and elsewhere who hate our freedom. By giving up a
>> portion of our freedom, we are showing our willingness to compromise
>> and to coexist peacefully with those who hate our freedom. To put it
>> in its simplest terms, those who hate our freedom now like us a little
>> bit more than they used to in the days before PATRIOT was enacted. Yes,
>> we have lost part of our freedom, but this is the price we pay to have
>> more friends and allies.

nobody hates freedom. . you are trying to be funny, right?

"Thom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> nobody hates freedom. . you are trying to be funny, right?

All of the following messages are from a spammer/imposter:

news:[email protected]
news:[email protected]
news:[email protected]
news:[email protected]