Re: Paul Smith

Nick

Guest
Huge wrote:

>> Not every vehicle turns left from a right-hand lane, but some do, and
>> it only takes one to do so at the wrong time to kill me.

> So pay attention. Cyclists are not alwasy in the right, no matter how much they
> like to think they are.

You have a ref for a left turning cyclist killing a lorry driver?

The Luggage (The Luggage <[email protected]>) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

> Brimstone then didn't help by answering comments in a highly cryptic
> manner...

NAHAY?

Brimstone wrote:
> The Luggage wrote:

>> <snip> Much of the heat in
>> this thread came as a result of Brimstone's comment
>>
>> "But the general thrust is quite simple. The lorry is bigger than the
>> cyclist. Keep clear. "
>>
>> The cyclists, rightly or wrongly, took this as Brimstone claiming that
>> lorries have right of way over bikes, and could run over them if they
>> felt like it. Brimstone then didn't help by answering comments in a
>> highly cryptic manner...
>>

> Which is more a reflection of some people's prejudices than anything else.

So people are prejudiced against ludicrous sweeping statements that are
little help to anyone. Bastards, eh?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Peter Clinch wrote:
> Brimstone wrote:
>> The Luggage wrote:

>>> <snip> Much of the heat in
>>> this thread came as a result of Brimstone's comment
>>>
>>> "But the general thrust is quite simple. The lorry is bigger than
>>> the cyclist. Keep clear. "
>>>
>>> The cyclists, rightly or wrongly, took this as Brimstone claiming
>>> that lorries have right of way over bikes, and could run over them
>>> if they felt like it. Brimstone then didn't help by answering
>>> comments in a highly cryptic manner...
>>>

>> Which is more a reflection of some people's prejudices than anything
>> else.

> So people are prejudiced against ludicrous sweeping statements that
> are little help to anyone. Bastards, eh?

Oooh look, he can't make an intelligent response but he's got to gob off and
pretend to have something to say.

Brimstone wrote:
> Peter Clinch wrote:
>> Brimstone wrote:

>>> Which is more a reflection of some people's prejudices than anything
>>> else.

>> So people are prejudiced against ludicrous sweeping statements that
>> are little help to anyone. Bastards, eh?
>>

> Oooh look, he can't make an intelligent response but he's got to gob off and
> pretend to have something to say.

But you didn't make an intelligent response either, you just tried to
waffle around your "point" being content free by suggesting the only
problem with it was folks' prejudices. The /actual/ problem with it is
it was content free.

I'm not pretending I have something to say, I'm just pointing out that
whether or not you thought you did, you didn't actually impart any
useful information. Again.

Pete.