Re: Pedals for Fixed Gear Bike

James Thomson

Guest
"Elmo Spam King" <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip description of Shimano Dynadrive pedals]

> I don't have them here in front of me, so the model numbers aren't
> available. But if anybody has some more information about these
> things, I'd love to hear it.

A Google search for Shimano Dynadrive will tell you all you want to know,
and more. There's a copy of the 1982 Shimano catalogue at:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/shimano1982/

The idea was that it was biomechanically efficient to minimize the distance
between the foot and the axis of rotation of the pedal. To do this, the
pedal bearings had to be mounted inboard of the pedal body, so the
crank-pedal attachment had to be enlarged to accommodate the bearing.

James Thomson