Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Re: Performance Bicycle, Caveat Emptor!, privacy abuse

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 2 posts · 423 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
15 July 2004
Last activity
15 July 2004
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
423
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Dale I. Green said:

    Hi.

    I want to warn anybody thinking about doing business with Performance
    Bicycle (http://www.performancebike.com). I made the mistake of


    placing

    Quoted message said:

    an order with them, and now I am being bombarded with their spams.


    The

    Quoted message said:

    worst part is, I cannot seem to get removed from their spam lists!
    Believe me, I've tried. Emails are ignored. I even phoned customer
    service and only get canned responses to "email the web manager".

    Everytime I order something and have to give an email address, I create
    a new email address specificly for that company. [email hidden],
    [email hidden], etc.

    Then if I get spam to one of those addresses I know who did it.

    Bruce

  2. Quoted message said:
    Dale I. Green said:

    Hi.

    I want to warn anybody thinking about doing business with Performance
    Bicycle (http://www.performancebike.com). I made the mistake of
    placing an order with them, and now I am being bombarded with their
    spams. The worst part is, I cannot seem to get removed from their
    spam lists! Believe me, I've tried. Emails are ignored. I even
    phoned customer service and only get canned responses to "email the
    web manager".

    Everytime I order something and have to give an email address, I
    create a new email address specificly for that company.
    [email hidden], [email hidden], etc.

    Then if I get spam to one of those addresses I know who did it.

    Bruce

    I do that too. It's very revealing!

    Matt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.