Re: Performance Bicycle, Caveat Emptor!, privacy abuse

Dale I. Green wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to warn anybody thinking about doing business with Performance
> Bicycle (http://www.performancebike.com). I made the mistake of

placing
> an order with them, and now I am being bombarded with their spams.

The
> worst part is, I cannot seem to get removed from their spam lists!
> Believe me, I've tried. Emails are ignored. I even phoned customer
> service and only get canned responses to "email the web manager".

Everytime I order something and have to give an email address, I create
a new email address specificly for that company. [email protected],
[email protected], etc.

Then if I get spam to one of those addresses I know who did it.

Bruce

[email protected] wrote:
> Dale I. Green wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I want to warn anybody thinking about doing business with Performance
>> Bicycle (http://www.performancebike.com). I made the mistake of
>> placing an order with them, and now I am being bombarded with their
>> spams. The worst part is, I cannot seem to get removed from their
>> spam lists! Believe me, I've tried. Emails are ignored. I even
>> phoned customer service and only get canned responses to "email the
>> web manager".
>>

> Everytime I order something and have to give an email address, I
> create a new email address specificly for that company.
> [email protected], [email protected], etc.
>
> Then if I get spam to one of those addresses I know who did it.
>
> Bruce

I do that too. It's very revealing!

Matt