Re: Performance Bicycle, Caveat Emptor!, privacy abuse

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Dale I. Green wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I want to warn anybody thinking about doing business with Performance
    > Bicycle (http://www.performancebike.com). I made the mistake of

    placing
    > an order with them, and now I am being bombarded with their spams.

    The
    > worst part is, I cannot seem to get removed from their spam lists!
    > Believe me, I've tried. Emails are ignored. I even phoned customer
    > service and only get canned responses to "email the web manager".

    Everytime I order something and have to give an email address, I create
    a new email address specificly for that company. [email protected],
    [email protected], etc.

    Then if I get spam to one of those addresses I know who did it.

    Bruce

    Tags:

  2. MattB

    MattB Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Dale I. Green wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I want to warn anybody thinking about doing business with Performance
    >> Bicycle (http://www.performancebike.com). I made the mistake of
    >> placing an order with them, and now I am being bombarded with their
    >> spams. The worst part is, I cannot seem to get removed from their
    >> spam lists! Believe me, I've tried. Emails are ignored. I even
    >> phoned customer service and only get canned responses to "email the
    >> web manager".
    >>

    > Everytime I order something and have to give an email address, I
    > create a new email address specificly for that company.
    > [email protected], [email protected], etc.
    >
    > Then if I get spam to one of those addresses I know who did it.
    >
    > Bruce

    I do that too. It's very revealing!

    Matt