Re: Pete Marchant (pete66) vs. Joe Dyson (unicyclistjoe)

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unicyclistjoe, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. okay, so this is an actual measure of this post - 'Highest Hop/Drop To
    Date (final 2 posts)' (http://tinyurl.com/ysdrq)

    well, we want YOU to read the last 2 posts in that thread, and then vote
    in this handy little poll who YOU think is better...then we will see who
    wins the crown of

    *WELLINGTON'S BEST UNICYCLIST*

    the winner will have full privileges to use this under their avatar, to
    show the world how cool they are...

    Cast your votes now!

    --
    unicyclistjoe - Wellingtons Best *pending*

    Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
    unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

  2. darchibald

    darchibald Guest

    Couple questions:
    1. How big is Wellington? If its like twenty people I wouldn't brag that
    much.

    2. How do you know there isn't a unicycling hermit on the outskirts of
    town who is just amazing?

    And finally we can't pick based on your lists! Lets see a vid from each
    of you. Or even a colaborated one sorta like a game of pig except
    bigger.

    David

    --
    darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

    "Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
    suicide mount.
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

  3. okay, wellington, there are 3 stand-out unicyclists

    myself (joe)
    pete marchant (pete66)
    ken looi (gizmoduck)

    while ken is amazing, we are talking overall skill, not just one type
    (sorry ken)

    2. well...if we had videos we would make them....

    to see more, check this link

    'Photo Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos)

    --
    unicyclistjoe - Wellingtons Best *pending*

    Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
    unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

  4. GizmoDuck

    GizmoDuck Guest

    Hey wot do you mean one type of skill? :mad: MUni riding is lot's of
    skills put together.

    If you're measuring how high you can jump/drop then that's- uh, two
    skills.

    GizmoDuck - Spin Doctor K

    o-kO

    "Give man dead fish, and he feed himself for lunch, teach man to catch
    fish, and he feed himself for life. Teach man to wheel ride, and he
    make friends everywhere, anywhere, and even have lunch at their
    place."

    Old Chinese saying

  5. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    Just to answer darchibalds question bout "how big is Wellington", it's
    the Capital of NZ, and to be fair, I don't live in Wellington but I do
    live in the "Wellington Region" which is also home to more than 420,000
    people.

    There's a few other unicyclists around, giraffe riding jugglers and a
    few people keen for "the odd bit of MUni" but definitely nobody doin
    stuff like us 3.

    Gotta give it to gizmoduck, he's got a few tricks up his sleeve, he can
    wheel walk further than Joe or I for starters. He also holds more world
    records & could be on the verge of becoming a world champion unicyclist
    (he's the only kiwi flying to Unicon).

    cheers
    Pete

    --
    pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  6. > Hey wot do you mean one type of skill? MUni riding is lot's of skills
    > put together.

    I second that.

    --
    andrew_carter - Quit jivin' me, turkey!

    andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

  7. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    GO PETE GO!!!!
    I'm sorry Joe but I don't know you....
    He may not be the best rider in (enter town name) but from what I know
    he's the kindest one I met from there....(as in the only one)

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    "Cyclists of the world unite!
    You have nothing to lose but your other wheel!"

    ~Owen Kirby

    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  8. okay, so the one type of skill thing did come out kind of wrong. i guess
    what i was trying to get at was that we are more all-around riders, and
    not kind of orientated on one type of riding style, ie Ken and
    muni/distance type riding. big ups to ken though, you are a god in my
    eyes ;) i think i'll almost have you on the wheel walking...maybe

    --

  9. pete66 wrote:
    > *Just to answer darchibalds question bout "how big is Wellington",
    > it's the Capital of NZ, and to be fair, I don't live in Wellington but
    > I do live in the "Wellington Region"* which is also home to more
    > than 420,000 people.

    i guess that makes me best in 'wellington city' :p

    --
    unicyclistjoe - Wellington City's Best

    Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
    unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

  10. GizmoDuck

    GizmoDuck Guest

    Oh Ok then since I can't vote for myself I might as well vote for one of
    you two monkeys :rolleyes:

    --
    GizmoDuck - Spin Doctor K

    o-kO

    "Give man dead fish, and he feed himself for lunch, teach man to catch
    fish, and he feed himself for life. Teach man to wheel ride, and he
    make friends everywhere, anywhere, and even have lunch at their
    place."

    Old Chinese saying

  11. darchibald

    darchibald Guest

    pete66 wrote:
    > *Just to answer darchibalds question bout "how big is Wellington",
    > it's the Capital of NZ, and to be fair, I don't live in Wellington but
    > I do live in the "Wellington Region" which is also home to more than
    > 420,000 people.
    > *

    Does that make you the amazing unicycling hermit who lives on the
    outskirts of town? :D

    --
    darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

    "Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
    suicide mount.
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

  12. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    Yep and Ken's a hermit too coz he's also in the Wellington Region (and
    not in Wellington City). Na I'm in a very low class City, its so low
    that most of the Citys population live in small huts! Damn drug pushing
    council etc. This is (seriously) Lower Hutt City we're talkin bout here,
    got that whole East Side West Side thing going on, Kens lucky to be out
    with the JayTown massive.

    --
    pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  13. I would hereby like to relinquish the title of wellington's best
    unicyclist to the better man, pete. he has managed to pull off the 63cm
    hop, beating me by 2cm, and at almost everything else. oh and he beat me
    in the polls hands down.:)

    --
    unicyclistjoe - Wellingtons 2nd Best

    Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
    unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

  14. pete66

    pete66 Guest

  15. muzzle

    muzzle Guest

    Lol. This thread deserves a bumb, because it is awesome! hehehe.

    --
    muzzle

    my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr/unicycle/)
    http://www.usenet.com

  16. thejdw

    thejdw Guest

    muzzle wrote:
    > Lol. This thread deserves a bumb, because it is awesome! hehehe.

    very biased now though haha

    --
    thejdw

    kington99 wrote:
    > A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
    > just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)

    >>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<

    http://www.usenet.com

  17. Hazmat

    Hazmat Guest

    andrew_carter wrote:
    > I second that.

    Me 2.

    --
    Hazmat

    *The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
    *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
    *Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition:D :D
    *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
    *poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
    http://www.usenet.com

  18. tomblackwood

    tomblackwood Guest

    muzzle wrote:
    > Lol. This thread deserves a bumb, because it is awesome! hehehe.

    Actually, given what happened to Pete, it seems pretty sad to me. Can't
    fathom why you bumped it.

    And for thejdw, I don't understand why the fu*k you're haha-ing. I
    don't see anything funny about the fact that the poll is now "biased".
    Glad you have 3000 posts at age 14, but you might want to go to school
    on Pete66's posts for how to properly contribute to a community.

    --
    tomblackwood

    Tailgate at your own risk...
    http://www.usenet.com

  19. GizmoDuck

    GizmoDuck Guest

    I don't think Nick (muzzle) was meaning any offence. I think he knew
    Pete better than most of us.

    He would have gone through the archives of Petes posts and found an
    interesting thread to resurrect in his memory.

    I've added my vote now :cool:

    Ken

    *edit* looks like the poll is closed anyway, can't vote anymore*

    --
    GizmoDuck

    The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!!
    www.uninam.net

    Email me for details.
    http://www.usenet.com

  20. skilewis74

    skilewis74 Guest

    tomblackwood wrote:
    > Actually, given what happened to Pete, it seems pretty sad to me. Can't
    > fathom why you bumped it.
    >
    > And for thejdw, I don't understand why the fu*k you're haha-ing. I
    > don't see anything funny about the fact that the poll is now "biased".
    > Glad you have 3000 posts at age 14, but you might want to go to school
    > on Pete66's posts for how to properly contribute to a community.

    It didn't click for me until I read your post.

    It's horrible what happened to him:(

    --
    skilewis74

    Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
    are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
    time do it along the way.
    Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
    get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
    http://www.usenet.com